2006 Jetta Td 5-speed manual - 249k miles - selling for parts or a project - $1500 obo - White Plains, NY

Diesel Lover 10523

TDI
Jetta
Hey guys, frequent lurker over the last four years or so, first time poster.

Sadly I find myself suddenly needing to sell my beloved 2006 Jetta turbo diesel. It was driving acceptably until two hours ago when I was entering a highway leaving Manhattan to get to the Bronx during rush hour and stalled it, then after restarting, I was no longer able to engage first gear so had to have it towed off the highway to a gas station, then towed again by AAA to my house in the suburbs.

It’s a great little vehicle with lots of good parts, a wonderful leather interior, and a transmission that needs a lot of help (really more than I can afford to keep putting money into since I’m not at all handy or mechanically inclined). There’s no fifth gear but gears 1-4 and reverse worked great up until today. I had just had the entire clutch system replaced two months ago, along with the ignition cylinder which was stuck (I couldn’t turn the key). Otherwise it’s had routine oil changes. Two years ago I had to get a new rear suspension when the coils collapsed and broke.

I wanted to list the car here to see if anyone was interested in it for parts for their car, or to buy as a project if you are handy and also love this type of car (you must if you’re on this forum!).

If there’s any interest let me know. I’m open to any interest and offers. I’m sad to move on but can no longer afford to keep fixing this baby.

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Hey guys, frequent lurker over the last four years or so, first time poster.

Sadly I find myself suddenly needing to sell my beloved 2006 Jetta turbo diesel. It was driving acceptably until two hours ago when I was entering a highway leaving Manhattan to get to the Bronx during rush hour and stalled it, then after restarting, I was no longer able to engage first gear so had to have it towed off the highway to a gas station, then towed again by AAA to my house in the suburbs.

It’s a great little vehicle with lots of good parts, a wonderful leather interior, and a transmission that needs a lot of help (really more than I can afford to keep putting money into since I’m not at all handy or mechanically inclined). There’s no fifth gear but gears 1-4 and reverse worked great up until today. I had just had the entire clutch system replaced two months ago, along with the ignition cylinder which was stuck (I couldn’t turn the key). Otherwise it’s had routine oil changes. Two years ago I had to get a new rear suspension when the coils collapsed and broke.

I wanted to list the car here to see if anyone was interested in it for parts for their car, or to buy as a project if you are handy and also love this type of car (you must if you’re on this forum!).

If there’s any interest let me know. I’m open to any interest and offers. I’m sad to move on but can no longer afford to keep fixing this baby.
A frequent Lurker would know to post a price in a FS post.

Diesel Lover 10523

TDI
Jetta
Whoops! Yes, indeed. I’ve updated the title with price. I posted this while still sitting in the tow truck on my way home and was in a sorry state after the six plus hour ordeal. Thank you for the pointer!