2006 Jetta rear seat tunnel cupholder

chronoreverse

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI w/DSG
I'm not even sure what this part is supposed to be called so I haven't had success trying to google the part.

The cupholder that ejects out has literally ejected out of the tunnel door. I haven't been able to figure out why it doesn't latch when I push it back into the slot so I'm wondering whether I might have to replace it.

However, I can't even find out what the part is at the moment so I'm curious if anyone knows?

beeroge

TDI
Jetta mk5
So when you press the little cup symbol nothing comes out? The cup holder should eject partially and then you pull it the rest of the way out. Then you push it back in and have to lift the little lid to keep it sealed.

If the cup holder doesn't function or is lost I'd go to your VW dealer and see if they can tell you the part.

chronoreverse

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI w/DSG
The entire cup holder unit shot out when I pressed it. I can slide it back in but if I press the symbol again, the entire thing still falls out so there's a latch somewhere that's broken.

I was hoping it's just a part I can pick up online and replace it myself but if I have to take it to a dealer then so be it =/

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
You might find this useful: http://www.partsbase.org/vw/jetta-jem-us-2006-88570-backrest-split/

It looks like what you need is probably item #63. The part number varies with the color you want. A visit with your dealer's parts guy will help. He can enter your VIN and his computer will tell him/her exactly which one came with your car. It might be easier (and more expensive) to buy item #30 and get a whole new armrest.

Have Fun!

Don

Andrewh

Veteran Member
it has been a while. but I remember the same thing when it was new.
there was some odd trick getting it to stay in.
maybe someone else will remember, or knows.
I spent about 30 min one day trying to figure out if it was broken or not.