2006 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD Diesel 4x4 4WD- lots of pics

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
I am open to all offers.

You have a very cool Corrado. To be honest, I really need a 5-seater for the fam, 4 doesn't cut.

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
EPA is rated 19/23. Most of mine are 18-23, probably 70/30 city/highway driving. As with most vehicles, there are tweaks to enhance this.

These are not TDIs, but get better than average mpg for what they are and can tow a small house when needed. If you need a large house towed, you will have to go to the big 3 :)

procupine14

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle 5sp
GWS! My parents are thinking about purchasing one of these in the near future in order to get around better in the winter without having to rely on the large, crew cab, longbed pickup all the time.

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Actually the epa on this was 19-26 I still have the sticker from the window. With tweaks done by Green Diesel Engineering you can honestly get 30 on the highway at 65-70. Have hand calculated it several times.
As with any vehicle many variables on mileage. Traded ours in, still miss it.

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
Yea I am open to other diesels. Love Cummins and Mercedes. Unsure about 2WD. PM you my email so you can send some pics.

babydoll

TDI
01 jetta 5 spd 01 golf 5 spd cruze diesel 9 spd auto 17
fyi I sold my 06 liberty 2 weeks ago for a 11K it had 91k on it real clean original timing belt still getting a lot of calls for it, your price is good I think mileage ran between 20=30

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
fyi I sold my 06 liberty 2 weeks ago for a 11K it had 91k on it real clean original timing belt still getting a lot of calls for it, your price is good I think mileage ran between 20=30
Thanks, glad you sold it. If you get any more calls, please send em my way.

To add, the timing belt on mine is already done plus you get a warranty through Ford (exp in Apr 2012).

Speaking of the warranty, I had a question about this earlier. I bought it from a Ford used car dealership, so that is how I have the Ford extended warranty. You take it to a Jeep dealership, but Ford pays for it. I dont want people thinking Ford works on it, because they dont! :)

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
In the US, it's 5000. This exact same vehicle (same engine, suspension, chassis, etc., but with a manual transmission) is rated at 7400lbs in Europe.

Last June, I bought an old Land Cruiser in Dallas and towed it back to Austin, about 200 miles, and estimate it was about 5000 pounds. It towed with great ease and I was really impressed with it.

Last edited:

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
Thanks for the heads up. Apparently flickr has removed them. Let me look into it. There should be near 40 pics in that set.

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
Ok, it should be set now. I was using it too much and the free version only showed the most recent 200 pics so they were getting cut off.

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
Price reduced in post 1. When comparing cars, remember that this has the 100K TB done and a full bumper to bumper warranty. No dealer fees or that other BS. That's about 3K in savings.

mercutio86

TDI
searching for 1st tdi
1) side airbags?
2) If I take the car up to PA, will the remainder of the warranty still apply and do I take it only to a jeep dealership per the warranty?

arcteryx

TDI
Jetta
No side airbags. Yes you can take it to PA, it's not limited to Texas. You can take it anywhere that accepts the warranty, including Jeep. It's just paid by Ford ESP.

mercutio86

TDI
searching for 1st tdi
I realize it's a low percent chance that side airbags would save my wifey's life in an accident. But I can't buy her a car without them.

Thanks though....it seems like you are asking a reasonable price. In my region, this car is showing up on the occasional dealership lot and not lasting long....with asking prices higher than yours.

Good luck