2006 Go-Karting Registration Now Open!

Go-Kart Interest :)

• Total voters

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Arnold's GoKarts

I am about to visit the local Track , Arnold's, this week. I need some input. Arnold's is a very popular venue with the local car clubs. It's 3 miles away from the hotel.

Reposted from Arnold's Web Site:

ARNOLD's has a NINE turn ONE-THIRD of a MILE track!!!

Arnold's State of the Art Timing System keeps precise track of lap times, allowing you to compete against yourself or other drivers to see who holds the best lap time. Our timing equipment tracks lap times down to one-thousandths of a second (faster than the blink of an eye). Our computer system saves all information and displays it on our broadcast screen. The program updates in realtime and we even have a monitor on the track so you can check your lap time! By looking at our broadcast screen, your friends in our grandstand area can see how you are doing during your session. At the end of your session, our computer will post the final results for each driver on the same board.

Arnold's State of the Art Telemetry System allows us to remotely stop and start each gokart. With this system we can prevent accidents before they occur. Remember, safety is always the top priority at Arnold's!

I need to know what trype of interest where would be. If the pricing was around Boston F1 pricing. Which was ~$35 USD, 40 people were signed up from Boston.

Last edited:

savd4one

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Passat Wagon - evil gasser :)
go-karting

i just want to go for fun, no organized competing :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
I will say this. 99.99% of the drivers at the 2004 Fest were BEAT UP.. even the most robust guys were LIMP from steering the karts. I do remember DeeBee, Dorf, Lito and the rest were not able to pick up their arms after a round... It looks easy..........

Even Julie was arm weary.. So do not be fooled you will love the experience..

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
I totally didnt deserve that black flag last year!!!!!! So not fair. I had the room to pass.... I swear the other car hit me. If you leave a cart sized gap between you and the wall I will go for it. I was drafting him, he went wide and I took the inside. He didnt check his mirrors... YEAH, that was it!

I'd be in again.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
After 3 races at F1 Boston (local karting) last Spring I pulled a nerve in my left arm and had excruciating pain for a month afterwards. You have been forewarned.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
We're in

Sounds like fun - we're in! :D I never get to really rev up my TDI, so this is the next best thing. I got my dad's '78 Rabbit up to 88 MPH once only to start blowing serious sparks on it due to incomplete combustion (I was wondering why the owner's manual had that as a limitation).

That was back before they started patrolling the Lake Ontario State Speedway (oops, Parkway Officer, I swear I said Parkway).

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
I voted "For Fun" because I didn't want to be sand-bagged by any Caterham-driving slowpokes that insist on being on my team. ;)

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Okay Premlimnary format of Go-karting venue would be this.

One hour Track Rental

-up 50 drivers per hour with 10 carts per race. so you figure ~8/10 minutes of racing per round.

That means we could do 5 teams of max 50 people.

- for the winning team, have 5 trophies.

This will differ from F1 in that it will not be a Relay tag team situation , where you are jumping in and out of cars for an extended period of time.

Other diferences

Arnolds - flat track, electric carts, no suits, no balcony, but bleechers.

They also have laser tag and an arcade for non drivers and the kids

Last edited:

sleze

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 2005, Shadow Blue - DECEASED
I was there last weekend. It was probably the best go-cart place I have ever been to.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
It's Offical. The track is reserved for an hour of racing on Saturday. :cool: Details about sign up and the venue itself to come later.

There is a Waiver (PDF format) to be signed and a 15 minute driver's safety video to be watched by the racers.

If you have raced there before; then your signed waiver should be on file. You would not be need to watch the video again. Though, it might be a good idea to get a "refresher".

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
MDIESEL said:
Depends on how much you let it hang out. Remember, loose is fast.;)
loose is fun. HOwever, the way it is setup, when you get the rear swinging around a tight corner (it's fun), but the electric motor decreases power and slowly ramps up to full speed.

one of the corners is fairly bumpy...

Should I spoil things and hand draw the course???

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
20IndigoBlue02 said:
one of the corners is fairly bumpy...

Should I spoil things and hand draw the course???

And spoil your 'home court' advantage?;)

Yes, please!:D

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
:eek:You know while I was going back and forth to visit the track, I noticed a couple out of town TDIs.... Hmmm.... I am wondering if some people are "souting the track"

Jetta silver wagon with Conn tags. Hmmmm......

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
GO CART registration now open!

The go carting has been added to the registration page. If you are interested, please sign up ASAP!

Spaces are limited!

If you have already registered for the Fest, resubmit a registration, mark YES for change in previous registration, and send in payment.

Thanks, and happy racing!:)

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
Electric go carts,
TDI drivers...