2006 DSG Transmission problems

studio

TDI
2006 Jetta
Have a Jetta with 238K miles. Bought car at 120K & serviced transmission, then at 180k and now at 238K. If I leave it outside in the cold (below 30 degrees) it takes 5-10 minutes before I really can drive. Before then it doesn't want to shift smoothly. When cold you can put it into reverse and it won't move even if you give it gas, takes 5-10 secs of giving it some gas and it might shift hard. I keep it in the garage due to this issue. My other issue is once it's warm if I give it gas (to get out of the way of other drivers and not get ran over) it may hang in the present gear, might have to shift manually until I get up to speed. I also have the issue if I try to drive it pedal to the metal it stutters doesn't want to accelerate if giving it gas. Really not sure what to do?

bryanmabbott

TDI
'02 VW Golf Manual; '13 Touareg TDI
When you did the DSG service, did you do the clutch adaptation reset? It resets and relearns the travel points for the two clutches. Always makes a tremendous difference every 40k miles; less hesitation, more direct feeling.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Have a Jetta with 238K miles. Bought car at 120K & serviced transmission, then at 180k and now at 238K. If I leave it outside in the cold (below 30 degrees) it takes 5-10 minutes before I really can drive. Before then it doesn't want to shift smoothly. When cold you can put it into reverse and it won't move even if you give it gas, takes 5-10 secs of giving it some gas and it might shift hard. I keep it in the garage due to this issue. My other issue is once it's warm if I give it gas (to get out of the way of other drivers and not get ran over) it may hang in the present gear, might have to shift manually until I get up to speed. I also have the issue if I try to drive it pedal to the metal it stutters doesn't want to accelerate if giving it gas. Really not sure what to do?
You should get the codes read for the transmission...see if something is brewing. I had similar symptoms on a New Beetle with the DSG and it wound up needing a mechatronic unit.

Get with a guru in your area that has VCDS that works with your car.
Might narrow it down.

studio

TDI
2006 Jetta
Don't know of anyone close? Should I rent a VCDS? Hard to replace the mechatronic unit?

JETaah

TDI
Not terribly hard but you really need to familiarize yourself with the procedure.
There is a Youtube video by an (Italian?) fellow named Gigi and I followed his tips and procedure. Worked for me. You have to be careful with the mech unit so as not to break the speed sensors that extend into the in/out shaft sensor wheels. Break them and you have a $1200 piece of garbage. Once you buy it it is yours. Like any electrical part, VW won't take it back if it does not fix your problem.

JETaah

TDI
There are clearance considerations when replacing the mechatronic unit in the car and there are youtube videos for that as well. One that I have viewed is in German. If I run into it I will post a link.

Here is the link to the replacement but the trans is out of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoY28NYwTtw

studio

TDI
2006 Jetta
Seen these on ebay, will these fix it?
DQ250 DSG 02E Automatic Transmission 6speed Solenoids kit for Audi Skoda VW