2006 Diesel mileage ? ? ?

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta w/Taktonic 6sp. transmission, Silver; 1981 Rabbit pick-up
Have had my 06 TDI Jetta .. diesel ... and have never changed anything.
But it seems that if I go mileage in the 60-+ speed ... I average get 35-40 ... rather than what is often mentioned ... 48-52 .
In some of the past mentioned, at times the above mileage has been 'bragged' about ... apparently only at 35+- speed.

Yet ... also have seen comments that someone got EXCELLENT millage .

Is there something in my 54,000 mileage JETTA ... that should be considered as being replaced ? ? ? ?

And if there is, please advise. I am 75 and not that able, like I used to , of doing my own 'work'.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
A ten year old timing belt needs to be changed yesterday. A check over by the trusted mechanic that does it should help as well. Runonbeer here in Austin is very good. Worked on a lot of my tdi's. Rebuilt my current 2003 Beetle top end. I have VCDS if you just want a scan and are in Round Rock for some reason.

http://www.runonbeer.com/

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
But it seems that if I go mileage in the 60-+ speed ... I average get 35-40 ... rather than what is often mentioned ... 48-52 .
In some of the past mentioned, at times the above mileage has been 'bragged' about ... apparently only at 35+- speed.

Is there something in my 54,000 mileage JETTA ... that should be considered as being replaced ? ? ? ?

And if there is, please advise. I am 75 and not that able, like I used to , of doing my own 'work'.

Thanks
That mileage is in line with what that vehicle should return, especially with an automatic transmission.

Second Turbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Wagon, 373K, 2nd 01M
You've at least changed the oil, right?

doonboggle: ... and have never changed anything.

Air and fuel filters would be worth a look.

Concur on the timing belt, just due to time (it's supposed to have been a 100,000 mile item on that year, but still...)

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta w/Taktonic 6sp. transmission, Silver; 1981 Rabbit pick-up
Trying ...

Right now these days, am trying to be connected with Runonbeer.
Sent message ... and hoping it will be answered soon.
He is a little bit below of Austin, but have his map section to be connected.

HOPPING ...........

Chuck

Thanks