2006 BRM GP light/limp mode issues.

jlothian04

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Having a serious and annoying problem with my Jetta. Car has an EGR/ASV delete with accompanying tune. I'm having an issue where the car goes into limp mode upon acceleration, but then after a few minutes the glow plug light will come on and the car will come out of limp and drive fine once the light is flashing. I dont have VCDS and my OBD II scanner shows me P0122 code along with Intake Flap Position sensor(don't remember the code) Has anyone ever experienced this before? Every glow plug light thread i can find has to do with limp mode after the light comes on and doesn't seem to apply to my issue. I don't currently have the money to take it to a dealer so i need to diagnose/fix this on my own ASAP

jlothian04

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
UPDATE: I don't believe the P0122 code is related to the limp mode issue, I cleared the code and drove the car, the limp mode came with no CEL, low and behold a minute or two later the GP light started flashing and I could drive again. Evan after driving ~ another 5 miles and parking again, still no CEL. What should I be checking? I feel like if it were GP related, the light would be coming on BEFORE limp mode, not after, and then putting the car back to normal. I'm going to call my tuner Monday morning when they open back up and hopefully a reflash will fix the issue

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
Having a serious and annoying problem with my Jetta. Car has an EGR/ASV delete with accompanying tune. I'm having an issue where the car goes into limp mode upon acceleration, but then after a few minutes the glow plug light will come on and the car will come out of limp and drive fine once the light is flashing. I dont have VCDS and my OBD II scanner shows me P0122 code along with Intake Flap Position sensor(don't remember the code) Has anyone ever experienced this before? Every glow plug light thread i can find has to do with limp mode after the light comes on and doesn't seem to apply to my issue. I don't currently have the money to take it to a dealer so i need to diagnose/fix this on my own ASAP
If you do not own or have access to a VAG-Com diagnosis tool, you are essentially out of luck.