2006 Brewery Tour

Would you be interested in going to a brewery tour saturday evening?

• YES! I like good beers!

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
edit: We are meeting in the lobby of the hotel at 5:15pm and leaving at 5:35. We do not have a bus/van to travel unless some one is
willing to volunteer their personal/rented van, so we are traveling caravan style to the brewery/restaraunt. If you would like to stay for dinner, please let me know so when we are done with the tour, we can sit down and eat as a group. I have eaten there 2x in the past couple of weeks and i really enjoyed it.
The tour will begin at 6:00 and will last for 30-45 mins. We are collecting money at registration or before departure, and will hand you a map and a ticket for admittance. Someone (a TDIer) will be at Victory collecting said tickets. There will be a tasting of 3 brews at the end of the tour.

Victory Brewing Company of
Downingtown, PA is hosting a tour for us Saturday Sept. 2nd, 2006 @ 6pm. The cost is $6 per guest and guests will receive 3 6oz samplers at end of tour.
We can also stay for dinner as a group if we get a reservation in early enough or you can stay on your own if you please.
We are trying to make accommodations with the hotel to have a shuttle available to us, as of right now, it is up in the air. If we do not get the shuttle, we can carpool and it is only 18.8 miles away according to Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006.
Please PM me or email me at if you want to sign up. I know that there is some interest, lets just make it official. (sorry about the email not linking, but i don’t want to get hit with a lot of spam)

I will regularly update the listing for tour only, and dinner only reservations.

Tour:
kromicacid
Mdiesel
BruceTMoose
JettaFock
MPGeez!
DieselRox
SSTDI+1

Dinner:
kromicacid

Last edited:

Matt65

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG
I have toured a few brewers and distillers, always very interesting with a great aroma! Most recently Budweiser in Cartersville Ga.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
BTW, For members that were up at the Nov. 2005 NH GTG. I brought up two variety cases of Victory Brew, Tummy. :D

MPGeez!

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Black TDI 5M PK2
I hate to be the guy who wants an option you don't have in your poll, but "maybe." I was planning on visiting the Fest on Sunday and perhaps this is a reason to come Saturday (I know it's listed on the schedule) considering it's German-style brew.

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
I agree with having a maybe... i dont know how to change it though.

If you are a maybe then just leave a post and i will keep track of the maybe column.

scknight

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI 6MT
Well for you guys coming in from far away, you may want to take a tour of the Yuengling brewery (www.yuengling.com) - great beer, cool tour, and the oldest brewery in the US. (located in Pottsville, PA- not Pottstown - clarification for benefit of out of towners) about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs north west of King of Prussia

Last edited:

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
Would those under 21 be allowed on the tour ???

I'm going to have a friend's son with me at the fest, he can't drink and I don't drink, but we both want to go on the tour, would they have Root Beer for us non-alcohol types?

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
fastvicar said:
Tours held daily at Victory @ 4PM.

The cask-conditioned Hop Devil is fantastic. You can only get it there.
Well friday and saturday @ 4pm. That is for general public, small groups. We are trying to reserve a tour for ~35 people Saturday afternoon Sept. 2nd.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Ok boys and Girls!!!!

We have a Private Brewery Tour at Victory Beer in Downingtown, PA. It's a ~25 min drive from the Hotel. The tour is tentatively scheduled on Saturday September 2nd, 2006 @ 6pm. The TDIfest tour rate is $6 per person. This group tour is personalized for the TDIFest and not the general public tour. The tour should take ~ an hour ending with 3 6 oz samples of Victory Brew included in the price. After the tour, you are more then welcome to dine in their restuarant. They have really good eats there too.

An offical launch of the Brewery tour, Information and Sign up will open early next week.

I must make it clear that everyone partaking in this Tour to drink responsibly.

MDIESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf GLS PD-TDI
In.

I'm itching for some Hop-Devil out of the cask. Haven't had it cask conditioned since Nick's 1014 on 3rd St in Harrisburg used to sell it.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
We're in - will they also serve some kind of root beer ?

Both of us are in - I don't drink and he can't drink (way way way under age - 15), any root beer available afterwards ??? Matt's Brewery in Utica does that for us non-alkies.

I will be hopefully purchasing some of their beer to bring back for the wife, who is the designated drinker of the family

Last edited:

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
Great! Thanks for lining up the tour. They didn't give me any samples when I took their tour a month ago. They were probably bitter that our group broke into the chorus to Laverne & Shirley when we hit the bottling line.

bradfa

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDIs anymore :(
brucet, maybe I could snag a ride with you? Then I can try more beers :)

If need be, I can snag some Saranac root beer in bottles as payment for driving :D

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Bradfa - are you saying you'd like to "Hires" us for a run to and from the brewery in exchange for some Root Beer?

We'd be more than happy to give you a ride to and from the brewery :D - Root beer on the barrelhead in payment only!

Think the hotel would bust us if we brought in our own root beer?

Last edited:

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
How about getting a big van and having a DD. That way we all can enjoy more beer and not have to drive. :-D

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
jettafock said:
How about getting a big van and having a DD. That way we all can enjoy more beer and not have to drive. :-D
I thought about renting a van, from the get go. Though, I will see if we can have one of the hotel Powerstroke buses to pick you guys up.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Alternative suggestion and I'll make the call and get the details

Hey Leo;

I had the same idea - the person at the hotel who may be able to arrange it is Carolyn White, her number is 610-337-1800 and then ask for her (I got her name from the night staff at the hotel - I just called about 5 mins ago).

As I said to Bradfa, if the bus/shuttle idea fails, I'd be willing to be a DD for as many as I could fit.

Last edited:

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Cool, Yeah, I have a contact already there, I see what I can arrange.

Since this is happening, I am gonna start a new sign up thread shortly to see who will actually go and who would be interested in staying after the tour. Look for something on this next week.

Last edited:

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
DD is a good idea. I'm not one to get inebriated, but even a small amount does have an effect on our driving performance. Much better to be safe than sorry. I lost a friend to someone who wasn't. :(

dieselrox

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI, Pkg 2
I'd be happy to be a DD -- I'm single and will be going alone to the TDI Fest, so my Jetta will comfortably hold three other people. The brewery tour sounds great -- I'll just buy some and bring it back to the hotel to enjoy later!

Steve.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
May I remind you guys that the Rockbottom Brewery is located in the King of Prussia mall not 2 minutes away, conveniently accessed by the hotel shuttles.

Perhaps get a *taste* at Victory, then come on back to headquarters if you want to engage in more extensive 'tasting'...

Last edited: