2006 Beetle TDI-DSG, near FtWorth, TX For Sale - ~$2000

42itus

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon TDI, '06 New Beetle, '13 Passat TDI SE
Original owner. Have receipts for most parts and service done over the years. 6th car in a 4 driver family so selling. Previously owned and later sold a 2003 Jetta GLS-TDI wagon with 5spd after racking up 275k miles. Also owned and sold during buyback a 2013 Passat TDI. Hated to see that one go but unfortunately it was involved in an accident the day before the buyback expired and we were able to sell it back since it was still driveable.

The Beetle:
Gecko Green with tan interior
I replaced the headliner myself after it picked up some serious droop a couple years ago.
Driver seat has a couple spots where it has worn through the leather on outside of the upper seat back.
Recovered the door cards several years ago. There is a color mismatch but I have matching door card covers that can be installed.
Door panels have cracks, some of which I have repaired, others are cracks on cracks. I have the door pull kit from dieselgeek (I think).
Glove box door latch broke and I have a repair kit from TuneMyEuro (fixmyvw) on order (slow boat from China at latest update).
Car didn't come with cabin air filter so I bought factory parts and installed them so now it has one.
Sunroof
Electric locks, windows, seats, heated mirrors, climate info, rain sensing windshield.
Factory radio with CD and PhatBox with a lifetime supply of tunes.
OEM spare tire and wheel in near perfect condition (about 15 miles on the tire).
Additional spare tire and 17" wheel to match the other four wheels.
dieselgeek aluminum skid plate with oil drain plug port.
230k miles on the odometer. I can get exact mileage tomorrow.
New VW battery has not been installed. Old one replaced yesterday.

Recent maintenance by me:
Turbo intercooler gaskets replaced
Alternator pulley and tensioner
Crankshaft position sensor
Battery fuse panel, battery/alternator cable
Installed factory cabin air filter housing and filter
Oil, oil filter, air filter using parts from iDParts or
Sound-attenuation material installed in interior.
Seat belt latch replaced
Airbag light issue corrected
Gasket on wind wing on the rear hatch replaced after small leak discovered.

Additional maintenance by shop/dealer:
Suspension parts replaced (have to look that one up since not sure what they did)
Last timing belt about 40k miles ago. (Will look that up)
Normal maintenance items handled either by dealer or by VW-trained shop if I didn't do them myself. I have receipts for almost everything from the day we bought the car.

Known issues or general condition:
Cosmetix - door ding on passenger door not bad; scrape on passenger rear fender not bad; rear bumper marked not sure how that happened; front bumper clear coat peeling all over more than anywhere else; driver seat worn through leather in two places about chest high as you sit; mismatched door cards but I will include original color materials cards; cracks in door panel plastic parts

Engine/Transmission/Drivetrain - Car scoots along like new, very quick acceleration. Gears shift as they should and the car suspension has been maintained over the years so it rides and drives great. Have not checked brakes recently but likely needs brake service - bleed, check pads. Tires have varying wear but have 5 good tires with one or more having less than 10k miles due to replacing the OEM spare with a matching wheel and tire to make 5-tire rotations with matching wheels a thing. I can get tire age and mileage if needed from existing records. Lifetime fuel consumption averages greater than 35 mpg, have tracked it since new.

Electrical/Lights - Headlight pod mounts replaced after years of trying to keep the pods from slipping forward and disconnecting the lights as you drive. No longer an issue. Driver side door lock actuator replaced with aftermarket part that sometimes requires two pulls at the door latch to open the door.

I have a VAGCom that I have used for years in maintaining my VW vehicles and can provide a record from that unit. I am also willing to sell it with the vehicle for an additional amount. It is an unlimited VIN model. Recent issues noted include a radio antenna error and a note about nonstandard door latch. Other SEL lights I have seen in the car include the Coolant Temp sensor warning about the temp not rising as fast as expected (I think). I have the VAGCom logs and can provide documentation of that. Right now there are no Service Engine Lights as I corrected that annoying airbag light when I pulled the interior to sound-proof it and fix a broken thread in the passenger seat that threatened to cause the lower seat panel to separate from the outer panel. My wife resewed the leather after I removed the seat cover.

There may be an electrical short in the system somewhere as the battery, which was only 19 months old, was completely dead when I went to start it last week. The car had not been driven more than 100 miles since July so it has been sitting as we have been locked down around here and not getting out much with everyone working from home. I did replace that battery yesterday so it has a brand new battery from the local VW dealer with warranty (5 yr/prorated after 3 yr).

I have diligently taken the Beetle for service over the years or if it was something routine and I had time I did it myself.

We used dealerships or shops with VW-trained personnel. I can document everyone who has touched the car.

Like I mentioned, we are a 4 driver family with 6 vehicles. I do most of the maintenance on my vehicles which include a 92 Bronco (original owner 310k miles), 75 Bronco (3rd owner 325k miles), 2011 Ford Ranger 4WD (2nd owner 236k miles), 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SEL 4WD (original owner 251k miles), 2015 Mazda3 6spd manual (original owner 107k miles), 1995 F150 2WD (gift from father who was not original owner 238k miles). I usually keep things once they are paid for since you never get your money's worth on a trade-in but it doesn't make sense to keep all these vehicles and the insurance on them. The car is inspected and registered until August 2021.

I am open to any offers. It is a good car that has been well maintained. It is also a used car and not perfect. I know what I have and if you have questions I will answer to the best of my records and ability. I can provide pictures once I figure out how to load them. I will include all the maintenance supplies that I currently have on hand - oil, filters, etc. with the price of the car. As mentioned, I will also sell my VAGCom separately.
Thanks

Last edited:

42itus

TDI
Sounds like a good car. GLWS!
Thanks for reading that wall of text. It has been a good car for us. With standard maintenance it just keeps going. I just don't need all these vehicles since we are all working from home now or taking online classes so I will be selling a few over the next few weeks. Hopefully someone needs it.

The price is very negotiable. I will consider any offers and have the title ready to transfer.

Last edited:

42itus

TDI
I know y'all love the car but the cash price will be capped at $1500 max. Make an offer, I'm feeling generous in this season.

42itus

TDI
3dubs: replied to your DM

Everyone else:

Gonna give it a few more days before scrapping it out to off-roaders who want the engine or selling it whole on a different forum. $2000 is the price. Holiday cheer has evaporated and reality bites again. Money has also been tight around here and I need to sell things near the actual value.

42itus

TDI
I have some parts that go with the car to the buyer.

Interior parts including a passenger side door panel and rear panel with the switches, handle, etc. A cabin air filter housing with the gasket for a car that doesn't have a replaceable cabin air filter. Brand new door card covers in tan to match the OEM interior. I bought them online and when I had the cards covered at the upholstery place I went with the current green. Not a good match but with these covers you can undo it. Photos at https://postimg.cc/gallery/1ngxx4j

Maintenance supplies including some filters, a couple of new oil pan plugs, some VW coolant, and some motor oil. Photos at https://postimg.cc/gallery/4gY9gtc

Various parts that I have removed over the years including a headlight mount pod, a taillight with a crack near the bottom, belt tensioner, alternator pulley and cap, Jetta alternator pulley cap, velocity sensor, alternator cable between fuse panel and alternator, a toasted fuse panel, a fuel cap, a rear marker light, a couple of serviceable belts, and a glove box light. Photos at https://postimg.cc/gallery/P5QwY1Y

I will also include the OEM 6-disc CD changer with two Phatbox CDs and manuals, a Phatbox cradle, and related pieces. Photos at https://postimg.cc/gallery/4c2dzGP

For sale separately I have some brand new things too including a brand new Beetle spare tire on steel wheel. I replaced this with a matching aluminum wheel for 5 tire rotations a while ago so the vehicle has 5 matching wheels now. There is a brand new Garrett VNT 15/17 valve for an ALH (bought for my 2003 Jetta but never installed). There is a brand new Pierburg N75 transducer also for the 2003 Jetta with ALH. I have a couple or three small tools including a flywheel lock tool and a clutch alignment tool and a bolt for something. And, I have two front license plate mounts that are brand new in the OEM plastic. I will take offers on these parts separately and buyer pays shipping+parts. Photos at https://postimg.cc/gallery/4V69Gdk

Thanks for looking.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
I sent you a post requesting your phone number so we can talk about your car, if we can agree on a price I'll have it picked up since I live just down the street. My grand daughter would love the car. augie

Last edited:

BaconBits

TDI
01 Jetta TDI x2
I messaged a few days ago and am still interested. Would love to hear back soon as I only have this week and next available to fly down.

BaconBits

TDI
01 Jetta TDI x2
Going to assume this is sold. Wouldn't be interested at this point anyways due to no response. If anyone has anything similar I am still looking for a beetle for my daughter. Would prefer DSG but she's going to learn manual before she's out of my house anyways so shoot them my way too.