2005 vw passat wagon

cb1

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat wagon
decided to sell it,need to trim the herd so i can put money towards an rv...bought in 2013,the engine was damaged due to a bsm failure,end up removing the engine and stripped it down to a bare block,sent it to a machine shop to get it checked and they replaced the main bearings...installed new rings,rod bearings,water pump and thermostat,alternator pulley,new coolant flange,installed a new cam and bearings,timing belt,motor mounts..performed a bsm delete,installed an alh pump and gear...that was at 126k miles...now has 164700 and it is daily driver...car sat for about a year and a half but i have been driving it again for the last 5 months,had to replace the battery,has new tires,installed bilstein front struts,replaced the fuel filer and some fuel lines,all the filters are new,i just replaced the transmission filter,the torque converter was sent to eriksson industries and rebuilt,also installed the transgo upgraded pressure regulator and drain and refill trans fluid 3 times...has new front brake pads./car had a rc 1.5 tune,that has been removed and egr cooler is back on...had a check engine light due to glow plugs and also had codes for the idle air flap,replaced all the glow plugs and the idle air flap...so far no check engine light but sometimes it idles rough,so far has been very intermittent...the headliner is sagging in the rear,the remote only locks the car...asking $3650.00 for it,located in houston...i have an add on autotrader for it also...will post pics soon

cb1

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat wagon
there is some paint fading on the hood and roof,the headlights low beam bulbs are hid...only been using liquid moly diesel high tech 5w40 oil since 2013...

cb1

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat wagon
no..no more cel issues...installed 4 new glow plugs and replaced the antishutter valve...