2005 vw passat 2.0 tdi

TDI
Passat 2.0TDI
Does anybody have a 2005 vw passat tdi with the 2.0? I just bought one and I'm trying to find performance upgrades like exhaust systems and chips. I have looked online and could not find any! If you know of any websites I could buy them off please tell me, thanks.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Mike, welcome aboard! You can check with rocketchip. There are many folks here with that car and that upgrade.

Make certain the car is in perfect operating condition including things like the glo plug update and the balance shaft update, etc. prior to modding.

Enjoy :)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Many of us have Rocketchip software, but you really should make certain the rest of the car is in good working order first.

All the power in the world won't help if your engine's bowels do this:

...or this:

Last edited:

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
Inspect you cam also before adding power.
I actually find the stock level to be sufficient, even satisfying at times in traffic maneuvers.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
chop off the muffler "mufflerectomy" or gut the cat. contact whitbread - maybe he can make you a new downpipe.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
chop off the muffler "mufflerectomy" or gut the cat. contact whitbread - maybe he can make you a new downpipe.
No dice on that one without the car on hand. And really, I'd upgrade the turbo before doing anything to the dp. I can tell you a b5.5 with a 2260vk and race 783's is silly :D.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I'd have to agree with you on that one. I'm still running 100% stock exhaust with my BV43 - except my cat gut itself.

Turbospool

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 White TDI Jetta, 280k, 2003 jetta 270k
Hey.. does anyone know if the ecu is difficult to remove for mailing to Jeff for RC tune? A friend of mine wants his tuned since he drove mine with RC#2 on it! Mine had it when I bought it and boogies when punched! :D

Turbospool

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 White TDI Jetta, 280k, 2003 jetta 270k
No dice on that one without the car on hand. And really, I'd upgrade the turbo before doing anything to the dp. I can tell you a b5.5 with a 2260vk and race 783's is silly :D.
Hey Matt.... what would it set me back too get mine done withthe above? :confused: I'm just a hankering .... :)

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
If his car has a manual trans it probably doesn't have the balance shafts at all. It probably also has a DPF. The European and US cars are more different than you'd think.

struikie

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d E91
If his car has a manual trans it probably doesn't have the balance shafts at all. It probably also has a DPF. The European and US cars are more different than you'd think.
mine (euro) is a manual longitudinal... and has the damn balance shafts :mad:

JW

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
About all we can do here is assume he's in Binghamton, NY, which is US, BHW engine code, chained BSM and automatic, no other options.

Whitbread

TDI
Several
About all we can do here is assume he's in Binghamton, NY, which is US, BHW engine code, chained BSM and automatic, no other options.
No other options until a car comes here ;). There will be two manual b5.5 passat's running around the midwest shortly.

Last edited:

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
You should specify B5.5, there is already one, possibly 2 already running around in the B5 TDI flavor ;)

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
You're probably right. It doesn't help when people don't really clarify their state or country.