2005 Volkswagen Golf TDI ONE OWNER GARAGED ULTIMATE EURO UPGRADES

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
When it comes to cars on flea bay, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
There are a couple of questions that any TDI owner would know, something is fishy with this listing.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
When it comes to cars on flea bay, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
There are a couple of questions that any TDI owner would know, something is fishy with this listing.
Nevada TDI
i’m just curious what don’t you like about the listing
Not that I’m interested in the car at all I have plenty of TDIs

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
The description says "automatic" and in one photo it seems to be missing a clutch pedal. But it has a five-speed shift knob. So somewhat confusing.

But it does look good for a low-mileage Mk4. Maybe worth $8000 for somebody, but probably more like $4000-$4500 to most interested buyers.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Just out of curiosity I just asked for more info on it so I’ll report back

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
OK he reconfirm it’s an automatic transmission just with the manual shift knob

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
When Trim is asked, it just repeats the "euro..." I was looking for GL, GLS, or even TDI.
I may be totally wrong here though.
A while back there was a car too good to be true.
She advertised in my Neighborhood listing, and the more questions I asked the more options she stated, for an example: she was in the military and ready to ship out, so she needed to get the car sold. She only wanted eBay charge/gift cards and was asking $1200. I know from past experience shipping the car could be another $1000. so she wanted a net of $200.00 I called her on it and she pulled her ad.
Three months later she tried again, I let her know she was busted and her ad was pulled.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Yes I ran across the same thing a few times, when it says in the military it will ship only that’s classic signs of scamming

mrurbina

Vendor
TDI
MK4 jetta tdi , alh wagon
just for reference, it just had a manual gear knob mod done but it's definitely an auto. you can tell by the side pic hot the boot is being pulled because of how the did the mod. 8k is crazy for an otherwise stock bew with a 09a. only fronts seem to be recaro and it has a golf ball knob

Last edited:

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Good catch on the seats, I can't see it. The shift knob isn't even a 20th AE version, but either OE or aftermarket golf ball, which can be had for half the price of the 20th. Let's be clear here, the most offensive thing is that after all that work and attention to detail, the rabbit badge was put on at the wrong angle. That's a loss of 5mpg right there.

mrurbina

Vendor
TDI
MK4 jetta tdi , alh wagon
Still can't believe someone payed that though. Yeah, it has a climatronic swap but damn.. thats just nuts lol