2005 Passat TDI 5 speed manual geared bam Kansas City $6500.00

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
The title should say geared BSM sorry I didn't catch it before posting - darn auto correct.

I am putting my 05 B5.5 TDI 5 speed manual up for sale. I updated the balance shaft to geared and replaced the timing belt at 138k miles. The car currently has shy of 184k miles. When the ZF auto trans failed to go into reverse at 164k miles I did a DUK 5 speed manual conversion.

The car has a Malone stage 2 tune and Southbend stage 2 endurance clutch. Cruise control works and the car has fairly new tires, 20k miles. The car rides and drives nice and I drove it daily for the last 20k miles. There are no check engine lights and the timing belt is right at 50k miles.

We are moving to BMW's at my house and I am selling the last 2 TDI's I have. I also have an 04 B5.5 TDI with DUK 5 speed manual I will be listing separately once my daughter gets home from college later this week.

I am listing this here before anywhere else in hopes of not having to deal with the Craigslist folks. I can be reached by PM, email copierbrain AT yahoo.com, or text 913-488-six one seven two.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Yes it is :) Its a long story but here goes - My wife had always wanted an SL after watching Hart to Hart growing up. I told her maybe some day...that day came in the spring of 2000. We were driving in KC and saw that SL with its hard top on and a for sale sign in the back window with a phone number driving beside us. We tried for several miles to catch it to get the phone number but the driver thought we were road raging him lol. We finally got beside him and let him know we were just interested in the car.

He set a viewing appointment for the next day and had us over for an "interview" to see if we were worthy - he had turned down several others because he didn't like them. After a bottle of wine we struck a deal and its been ours ever since.

Its a grey market 79 280sl with straight 6 and 5 speed auto. The spare in the trunk is a Michelin with all the writing in German. Loads of fun, hardly any wind at speed with the top down or hard top off. The previous owner sold it to us for the cost of the disassemble/repaint/reassemble 1 year prior and we got all the maintenance records. It gets a few hundred miles a year and we have definitely gotten our $5500 we paid back in enjoyment and parade days :)

It still looks showroom new after all these years.

fruitcakesa

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 jetta 5 spd wagon
Beautiful car. My uncle bought one of the first 230 SL's imported into the US in 1966. He took us to a local drag race [as a spectator] and the gatekeeper,who had never seen one asked if we were racing.:p
Have fun, I do love my 240D
Yes it is :) Its a long story but here goes - My wife had always wanted an SL after watching Hart to Hart growing up. I told her maybe some day...that day came in the spring of 2000. We were driving in KC and saw that SL with its hard top on and a for sale sign in the back window with a phone number driving beside us. We tried for several miles to catch it to get the phone number but the driver thought we were road raging him lol. We finally got beside him and let him know we were just interested in the car.

He set a viewing appointment for the next day and had us over for an "interview" to see if we were worthy - he had turned down several others because he didn't like them. After a bottle of wine we struck a deal and its been ours ever since.

Its a grey market 79 280sl with straight 6 and 5 speed auto. The spare in the trunk is a Michelin with all the writing in German. Loads of fun, hardly any wind at speed with the top down or hard top off. The previous owner sold it to us for the cost of the disassemble/repaint/reassemble 1 year prior and we got all the maintenance records. It gets a few hundred miles a year and we have definitely gotten our $5500 we paid back in enjoyment and parade days :)

It still looks showroom new after all these years.