2005 Passat GLS TDI Wagon, 5 speed conversion For Sale, Huntsville, AL

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon, 5 speed conversion, GBSM
SOLD!!!!!2005 Passat GLS TDI Wagon, 5 speed conversion For Sale, Huntsville, AL

SOLD!!!!

Extremely clean 2005 Passat TDI GLS wagon. 127,000 miles. Reflex Silver/Grey leatherette interior.
VIN: WVWCE63B85E097134. Southern car, no rust.
- Vwztips on this forum did the 5 speed conversion at 110,050 miles with a Euro GGB TDI transmission and conversion pieces from Frans in the Netherlands. Valeo clutch/flywheel kit. Extremely smooth transmission and clutch. Totally changed the character of the car for the better. All factory engine/transmission belly pans and sound deadening in place. ECU flashed by TDITuning, stage 2, no lights or limp mode. All belts, pulleys/tensioners, water pump changed, and glowplugs updated at the same time.
- Geared balance shaft mod done by Oilhammer at 64,000 miles
- Previously owned by two other TDIclub members. See their ads here,
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=360485&highlight=2005+passat+wagon+texas
and here,
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=331805&highlight=2005+passat+wagon+upsbroke
prior to the 5 speed conversion.
Mods/updates since I've owned it:
Factory multifunction steering wheel retrofit; everything works
Koni FSD shocks/struts @ 110,050 miles
Factory mudflaps
Factory air vent lighting installed, updated with LEDs
Factory rubber floormats F&R. Also have carpet mats.
Factory roof rack crossmembers, new in box
Factory “Komfortblinker” addition (blinks turn signals 3 times when passing with a light press of signal switch)
Factory Chrome strip on lower hatch edge
HID Headlight upgrade
Upgraded JVC KW-HDR81BT radio with HD radio, CD, USB, Bluetooth (phone and streaming music, built in Pandora interface). Compatible with Android and iPhone. Color match display and lighting, day and night. Monsoon sound system. Original radio also included.
Westfalia Trailer hitch with removeable 2” ball/neck, never used. Invisible when not mounted. Never did the trailer wiring, but I have the kit.
Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires at 106,000 miles, 225/45R17 on factory 17” wheels
Remotes coded to lower/raise windows, close sunroof. Also, one button push unlocks all doors and tailgate.
NIB factory rear door sunshades, never installed.
CARGO rear mat with cargo blocks. Also have a plastic rear mat.
Factory rear bumper protection “bib”
Euro headlight switch
Bigger battery mod per Oilhammer
Panavise cell phone mount
Air plenum update/reseal done per the factory specs
Stainless door threshold plates
Euro asymmetric blindspot outside mirrors/blue tint
Full size matching spare wheel/tire
Gas flap opens with key fob
Have all original keys, including valet, and extracted the key code which I will furnish to the buyer.
Full factory bra for the front end.
This car needs nothing, everything works, no expense spared to update and maintain. No leaks, or CELs. 35-42 mpg on the road. Very tight and rattle free. Undoubtedly one of the cleanest Passat TDI wagons in the country. Original window sticker included. Most receipts since I've owned it, and many from prior owners.
Reason for selling: Bought a BMW wagon, too many cars.
$8500. No trades. PM me for more info.

See all pictures at the link below.
More pictures here:http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/jalowe1234/library/?view=recent

Last edited:

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many cars, and I want to move it out. Hope you are right!

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Not seeing your pictures in PB
What kind of 5th gear rpms are you seeing at 60 and 70?

Could you expand on the HID lighting?
Thanks!

Last edited:

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
Not seeing your pictures in PB
What kind of 5th gear rpms are you seeing at 60 and 70?

Could you expand on the HID lighting?
Thanks!
I'll check on photos. Thought they could be seen by everyone.

The HID was a conversion kit for the projector low beams. Work great.

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmm, link is working from my phone, and I'm not signed into PB, and never have been on my phone. Please try again. If you still can't get to them, I'll try an alternate site.

MaroonB4

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with three pedals
Holy crap! That's a helluva deal. I have a MK4 flip up for sale on CL and fleabay now. If I get my asking price I will definitely be in contact.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Extremely clean 2005 Passat TDI GLS wagon. 127,000 miles. Reflex Silver/Grey leatherette interior.
VIN: WVWCE63B85E097134. Southern car, no rust.
- Vwztips on this forum did the 5 speed conversion at 110,050 miles with a Euro GGB TDI transmission and conversion pieces from Frans in the Netherlands. Valeo clutch/flywheel kit. Extremely smooth transmission and clutch. Totally changed the character of the car for the better. All factory engine/transmission belly pans and sound deadening in place. ECU flashed by TDITuning, stage 2, no lights or limp mode. All belts, pulleys/tensioners, water pump changed, and glowplugs updated at the same time.
- Geared balance shaft mod done by Oilhammer at 64,000 miles
- Previously owned by two other TDIclub members. See their ads here,
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=360485&highlight=2005+passat+wagon+texas
and here,
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=331805&highlight=2005+passat+wagon+upsbroke
prior to the 5 speed conversion.
Mods/updates since I've owned it:
Factory multifunction steering wheel retrofit; everything works
Koni FSD shocks/struts @ 110,050 miles
Factory mudflaps
Factory air vent lighting installed, updated with LEDs
Factory rubber floormats F&R. Also have carpet mats.
Factory roof rack crossmembers, new in box
Factory “Komfortblinker” addition (blinks turn signals 3 times when passing with a light press of signal switch)
Factory Chrome strip on lower hatch edge
HID Headlight upgrade
Upgraded JVC KW-HDR81BT radio with HD radio, CD, USB, Bluetooth (phone and streaming music, built in Pandora interface). Compatible with Android and iPhone. Color match display and lighting, day and night. Monsoon sound system. Original radio also included.
Westfalia Trailer hitch with removeable 2” ball/neck, never used. Invisible when not mounted. Never did the trailer wiring, but I have the kit.
Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires at 106,000 miles, 225/45R17 on factory 17” wheels
Remotes coded to lower/raise windows, close sunroof. Also, one button push unlocks all doors and tailgate.
NIB factory rear door sunshades, never installed.
CARGO rear mat with cargo blocks. Also have a plastic rear mat.
Factory rear bumper protection “bib”
Euro headlight switch
Bigger battery mod per Oilhammer
Panavise cell phone mount
Air plenum update/reseal done per the factory specs
Stainless door threshold plates
Euro asymmetric blindspot outside mirrors/blue tint
Full size matching spare wheel/tire
Gas flap opens with key fob
Have all original keys, including valet, and extracted the key code which I will furnish to the buyer.
Full factory bra for the front end.
This car needs nothing, everything works, no expense spared to update and maintain. No leaks, or CELs. 35-42 mpg on the road. Very tight and rattle free. Undoubtedly one of the cleanest Passat TDI wagons in the country. Original window sticker included. Most receipts since I've owned it, and many from prior owners.
Reason for selling: Bought a BMW wagon, too many cars.
$8500. No trades. PM me for more info.

See all pictures at the link below.

More pictures here:http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/jalowe1234/library/?view=recent
Wow, nice car!!