2005 passat Fuse Question

Buzmegg

TDI
2005 Passat TDI
HI all, perhaps you could point me to the correct group. My beloved 2005 Passat tdi was blowing cigarette lighter fuses. Seemed to be a short in the back seat cigarette lighter. Sorted. Now, 2 days later, car won't start. Cranks fine. Fuel pump fuse seems fine. Any ideas? Also: all the "Engine Control" fuses are missing. And have been for years.. Apologies if this is in the wrong area of this forum!

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Post in the B5 Passat section. Do you have access to vag-com? If so, check and see if you can get into the engine control module.
HI all, perhaps you could point me to the correct group. My beloved 2005 Passat tdi was blowing cigarette lighter fuses. Seemed to be a short in the back seat cigarette lighter. Sorted. Now, 2 days later, car won't start. Cranks fine. Fuel pump fuse seems fine. Any ideas? Also: all the "Engine Control" fuses are missing. And have been for years.. Apologies if this is in the wrong area of this forum!

Buzmegg

TDI
2005 Passat TDI
Post in the B5 Passat section. Do you have access to vag-com? If so, check and see if you can get into the engine control module.
thank you. not sure what Vag-com is Diagnostic tool? I'm more a motorcycle guy, but i'll work my my way into the B5 group and the ECM of this car.. thank you for the response.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
thank you. not sure what Vag-com is Diagnostic tool? I'm more a motorcycle guy, but i'll work my my way into the B5 group and the ECM of this car.. thank you for the response.
Yes, vag-com is the diagnostic tool for Volkswagen. Actually relatively cheap compared to most oem softwares. ($199 gets you the cable and you get the software on their website.) Ross-tech.com is where you get that.
You'll find that there are a lot of b5 enthusiasts here. Myself included. Welcome to the club!

Buzmegg

TDI
2005 Passat TDI
Cool! Thank you! i've been doing a little work on the tdi, keeping her running and up to date. This forum should be very helpful! I may pick vag-tool up!

reince

TDI
2006 Beetle
Yes, vag-com is the diagnostic tool for Volkswagen. Actually relatively cheap compared to most oem softwares. ($199 gets you the cable and you get the software on their website.) Ross-tech.com is where you get that.
You'll find that there are a lot of b5 enthusiasts here. Myself included. Welcome to the club!
Alright, I will get one as well. My younger brother got this TDI project we'll work on after we finished installing the set of wheels from 4Wheelonline onto his Jeep TJ.