2005 Jetta Wagon

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
I've always thought that a car wasn't yours until you took a wrench to it...until now. On Saturday, I woke up @ 3:30 a.m. to catch a 7:00 flight from SFO > SEA and was back home in SF by 1:00 a.m. w/ this baby...

The guy I bought the car from not only put all quality parts into it, but he kept it REAL clean....I mean REAL clean.

ST coilovers, GLI Brakes (all 4 corners), BBS Wolfsburg Edition 16's, Oettinger Grille, Projktzwo front lower valance, Seat Cupra R lower lip, 04.5 Side Skirts, OEM HID's, OEM Aero Wiper Front, 25% tint all around (its a bit too dark inside for me).

Shorty rear bumper, caractere rear lower spoiler, OEM rear hatch spoiler, Skoda Aero Wiper (Rear).

3 spoke Steering Wheel (obviously....kinda wish it had the Multi Functioning steering wheel, but the 3 spoke is nice), Stewart Warner Boost Gauge, TT pedal set, Euro switch

OEM front Recaros (Red and black...clearly), OEM black leather arm rest, brushed aluminum trim on all doors, Aspheric driver side mirror,

VNT-17, CCV mod, AFE CAI (I believe it has a paper filter...not sure if I am going to remove this mod and replace w/ a VR6 air box and MAF), CAT fuel filter, Upgraded upper intercooler pipe, EJ SMIC, EuroSport upper tie bar.

These are OEM window shades...I'll check for a part number later...but yeah...they are well designed and gotta love OEM stuff!

Last edited:

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
Very tasteful. Have you got any info on the rear window shades? Manufacturer, etc?

edit: saw the update that the shades are OEM. Google search commencing...

edit 2: p/n: 1J9 064 362 no longer manufactured

Last edited:

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
how many miles on it? Is it running a tune and turbo or just a tune?
Looks good btw.

Last edited:

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Very Nice. Parts list?

Were did those rear window sunshades come from?

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
now that is a beautiful wagon. Can't wait to see it after you drop a 6sp in it ;)
Ha...yeah...that was done on the Golf and while I love it...I kinda don't mind the autotragic tranny in the bay area traffic. I'm going to keep it auto until the auto don't work no mo....then 6 speed :)

how many miles on it? Is it running a tune and turbo or just a tune?
Looks good btw.
Thanks...I really do like what the original owner did with it. It looks aggressive, but subtle in ways. She's got just under 100k miles...I am going to flip the 100k mark tomorrow.

It has a Stage 2+ RC tune w/ 24 PSI peek & 20 sustained. The auto tranny seems to be fine w/ the mods and tune so far. Again...part of me really hopes the auto tranny hangs on for a good long time, and another part of me can't wait for a swap out....

Very Nice. Parts list?

Were did those rear window sunshades come from?
Parts list added

I'm told that those are OEM window shades. I'll look for a part number later, but they are nice to have and are a good design.

I am very happy with this car...but I fired up the Golf today and boy I'll tell you what...I do love the torque out of that thing with all the mods on it. Only problem is that is is obnoxious to drive for long periods w/ all the mods I have in place. The wagon is going to be the family mobile...unfortunately for me, the wifey also likes it, and she is NOT a car person...I feel like my wife is priming me to rob me of my Jetta Wagon.

I've searched A LONG time for the right Jetta Wagon to come into my life. There was one other wagon for sale a long time ago that I would have bought, but wasn't in the market back then. There is an an infamous thread in the classifieds section that lasted 4 years...that dude had a real nice wagon that was similarly spec'd out. I was originally looking for an ALH, but decided that I would go w/ a BEW since I already have a 2001 ALH Golf.

LOTS of fun times ahead for me...

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Car looks awesome. Those window shades are a very rare piece you are lucky!

Unless the pics are from an earlier iterations of the P/O's build, that's not a PD150 intake/egr it is the stock BEW Pierburg one-piece unit.

I love seeing pimped-out wagons!!

Congrats on the great buy,
-Chris

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Great looking car! Love the Wagons (and really miss mine!), especially when they're done up right!

Not nit-picking but I thought those pedals were from the Audi TT, not the GLI which are the same as the 337 edition GTI. I could be wrong. Still an improvement over stock!

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
Car looks awesome. Those window shades are a very rare piece you are lucky!

Unless the pics are from an earlier iterations of the P/O's build, that's not a PD150 intake/egr it is the stock BEW Pierburg one-piece unit.

I love seeing pimped-out wagons!!

Congrats on the great buy,
-Chris
Thanks for the information. I couldn't see the back of the IM, so I took a guess on that part. This is the first PD that I've owned and the IM didn't look like the piece of crap they put on the ALH. From what I could see, the IM had runners going to each cylinder and the profile looked like the PD130/150 IM. I've updated my list of mods.

Great looking car! Love the Wagons (and really miss mine!), especially when they're done up right!

Not nit-picking but I thought those pedals were from the Audi TT, not the GLI which are the same as the 337 edition GTI. I could be wrong. Still an improvement over stock!
You are correct...those are TT pedals. GLI had round rubber dots....updated the list w/ that change.

Wow! I'm really impressed; great looking wagon. Get rid of that paper filter.
Yeah...can't wait to get rid of that mod. It makes ALOT of noise from the start line. I press the go pedal and i can hear the CAI sucking in air...it sounds like there's an elephant under the hood.

I will be moving to a VR6 box.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Very nice. I think those RXII's look very sharp on that car (can't wait to get mine back on maybe this weekend). They look clean also. And those window shades are very unique. Obviously a very well cared for car. I bet it wasn't cheap.

Would the 6-speed help you keep this car away from your wife? Just sayin, that is really the only thing this car is missing.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
is there a part # on those shades? It would be interesting to try and track some down, but unlikely..

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
Very nice. I think those RXII's look very sharp on that car (can't wait to get mine back on maybe this weekend). They look clean also. And those window shades are very unique. Obviously a very well cared for car. I bet it wasn't cheap.

Would the 6-speed help you keep this car away from your wife? Just sayin, that is really the only thing this car is missing.
I actually got her for a decent price...I live in the Bay Area where TDI's seem to command a pretty high premium. I justified the cost by me asking myself how much time, effort and wallet it would cost me to do what I wanted to do to it vs. just buying one that was ALMOST done...I still have to add my touches to make it my own. The Green Car Co. in Washington lists a stock 2005 GLS wagon for $12,000...I paid a bit more than that, BUT I got so much more than just stock...SO much more.

I dropped a 6 in my Golf to keep the Wifey away. I've already played that trick once...my wife is WAY too smart to fall for that one again....LOL

I think the only way I will be able to drop a 6 speed in there is if she buys her own pony. I think she is getting tired of her 9 year old G35.

..and as mentioned before she was worth the effort and every penny spent...the car AND the wife...(in case she reads this) ;)

JRedig

TDI
BEW
Great looking car, any idea where the upper intercooler pipe came from? Or was that a custom/DIY upgrade by the PO?

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
Great looking car, any idea where the upper intercooler pipe came from? Or was that a custom/DIY upgrade by the PO?
Thanks...I don't know where the PO got that specific IC pipe, but it looks exactly like one I got from IDParts.com (for another car)
http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1228&osCsid=oikad2ku9ne2blo4jt70bfe1q3

They also carry upgraded lower IC pipes as well (separately and as part of a upper and lower kit). Unfortunately the upgraded lower IC pipes do not fit as a PnP solution with the vnt-17. It's a nice unit though.