SOLD!!! 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI, Manual. Lowered Price! $3,000 Near Lincoln City, Or.

Wooden12

TDI
2005 Jetta wagon
We’ve loved our Jetta since the day we drove it off the showroom floor. It can do so many things from towing to being slept in and all at over 40mpg. This car has been a work horse for us, it shows it’s wear, and has some character, but its only had one owner and has been serviced by the same mechanic it’s entire life (great shout to Hans VW in West Seattle). It’s had regular oil changes with synthetic oil. Also put new tires on at the beginning of summer. To be upfront, its got almost 270,000 miles on it.

Okay, so it’s been worn, here’s a list of a few things that you should be aware of:
It’s got a wide variety of dents, scratches and dings on the exterior. None are major but they’re there.
We owned this car but the dog didn’t know that. She’s been gone two years but her scent is not forgotten. She put plenty of wear on the seats too. For better or worse, they're leather so they haven't absorbed as much dog smell as they could of. Also, we have washable seat covers that wrap the backseats. They'll be included with the car. Oh, we've got WeatherTech mats too.
The CD player bumps and it has a tape player too. But the radio antenna won’t pick up reception. No live sports.
The driver’s seat seam is torn open. It’s been restitched many times over the years. Until this time.
There’s a bit of stain and discoloration on the interior of the roof.
The key fabs don’t function reliably. The key still grants entrance and enables the alarm but the fabs seem to choose when to function.
There are other bits of character but these are some of the biggest.

Now, why this car is great. Its mechanically sound. It’s fun to drive. Has AC and heated front seats. The CD player really does bump. It’s a manual transmission, TDI engine that has been well maintained and repaired, when necessary, throughout its life. At just under 270,000 miles, it is ready for more. It can pull a hot dog cart or become camp for the night (I’m 6’ and with the backseats taken out, I can sleep in the back). It’s already got mounting brackets for a Thule. It'll run biodiesel and get great gas mileage either way. My hunch is many people know why these are great cars.

If we weren’t moving in to a Van, we’d never be selling it but life has taken us in a different direction. Perhaps it’s opened up a chance for you.

Small list of fixes in the last few years:
Drive belt tensioner
Serpentine belt
Turbo hose
EGR tube
all done April, 2018

Rack and pinion assembly and power steering pump replaced in June of ‘19. To be followed by a replacement of the transmission and radiator fans in August. Blower motor was replaced in October, still 2019.

June and August of 2020 brought brake vacuum pump and new shocks and struts.

Finally the heater core was replaced in May of this year.

I have all of these invoices from Hans VW. Unfortunately, I don’t have an invoice for the timing belt, nor does Hans. In talking with him, he says he remembers it was done at around 185,000 miles, so thats the best I know.
My intent in this listing is to be a transparent as possible. For all the wear we’ve put in it, we’re the only owners and it’s been our only car so we’ve always maintained it well. In listing all these fixes, you can see that as each system has failed over the years, we've always had the same, trusted mechanic, bring us back to good working order. Now its time to turn the keys over to someone else.

Last edited: