2005.5 BRM PD Heat Blower only works first thing in morning.

DASH

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI / 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Before anyone posts "Use the search" I have... I'm no rookie when it comes to repairs on my car and I usually only come here as a last resort.

So as stated in the title my heater blower only works first thing in the morning. I have a 2005.5 Jetta BRM PD with the digital climatic controls. Once the car has been sitting overnight the heater blower will work until I turn the car off. I can vary the fan speed and all with no problem, but as soon as i turn the car off, nothing.

I did some research and most posts pointed to a resister... That it seems I don't have. (I found one post stating that my model doesn't have one)

I am trying to confirm the absence of said resister, I have taken out the little cover under the glove box and found no resister, so I then took off the glove box to see if it was hiding, nope... not there either.

So at this point I am looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Gunsbee

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
I would assume it has something to do with heat. After you have used it and it is warm something can't kick back on. that would sound like a resistor to me.

DASH

TDI
I would assume it has something to do with heat. After you have used it and it is warm something can't kick back on. that would sound like a resistor to me.
But I can't find the resistor...

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
My B5 with Climatronic started doing this at one point, then the blower decided to randomly work. I took my blower out and cleaned up the brushes, and didn't have a problem with it for the next 8 months, at which point I sold the car. Not saying that is what your problem is, but it could be.

DASH

TDI
VCDS will be useful for this. If no codes, then monitor measuring blocks when it works and compare to when it doesn't.
Thanks... Might have to invest in a cable. I've always borrowed friends to get things done and given right back.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Try cleaning the grounds. In particular, the one under the air box. While you are at it, clean the fused link connections on the front end of the engine space fuse box. Run a search on that subject. Corrosion & high resistance connections in those areas can cause many a problem in these cars.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
VCDS will probably tell you nothing. As old as your car is, I would suspect the blower motor/resistor pack.