2004 Reflex Silver Golf GLS TDI 5sp. 81k miles Phila.Pa Area

TwoFuel

TDI
'04 Golf PD, and a '04 Jetta PD
Have been a member here since buying the tdi's, you can see I listed the Golf as cars owned.

I bought it new, I am the only one who has driven it... wife, son did not want to learn stick shift (they don't know what they're missing, right?).

Originally bought it for a long work commute... 2 months later got laid off from that, but I liked the car so much I kept it. I still love this car, but I need to get a pickup again, so reluctantly I gotta let the golfcart go.
The car has 81,333 miles and is my daily driver. Runs/drives like new. (truth)

I am a former heavy truck diesel mechanic, so the car has always been maintained top shelf. Only 505.01 oil, 90% Pentosynth since new, couple oil changes in the begining were other 505.01's but settled on Pento and have used it ever since. The car does not use any oil, and the oil has been on the full mark for as long as I have had the car.

The car has never been in any type of accident, the only time it ever let me down where it quit running was when the in tank elec. fuel pump went.

Car is super clean and paint still shines like new. (has always been washed and waxed)

Timing belt, rollers and water pump done at 69k, just put new brake pads and rotors all 4 corners, 4 new Michelins, just had front shocks and struts this past inspection, fresh service with new serp. belt.

The engine is as smooth and quiet as when new, shifts same as new, clutch is original, but no one is easier on a clutch than me, and clutch pedal has no noise or chatter and is as smooth as when new.

Has the sunroof which doesn't leak and works in both directions...

Interior very clean, has normal wear on center armrest, have always had the weathertech floormats to keep the floors clean.

Car goes through PA winters, near zero temps and has never failed to start with the glow plugs, sounds a little angry for a few seconds but smooths right out. Heat comes up as expected.

Air conditioning works as good as new, heat as well, all vents, defrost work.

Glass has light tint all around which gives a nice look to car.

Both right and left front fenders were replaced recently by Volkswagen due to the rust through from having original styrofoam blocks for noise in them from factory... VW warranty was excellent, I had one month to go b/4 12 yr rust through was up and they honored it. Paint match is very good to almost perfect.

Headlight lenses have the age haze starting on them, the rear hatch had the dreaded wire loom wire breakage from opening and closing the hatch more than once a day, so the rear wiper and defrost do not work... I was going to repair or replace the wires, but that was about 6 years ago and never got around to it. Not a big deal to me, I keep the back glass clean.

The car gets a consistent 34 mpgs around town and will get 50 +/_ on the hwy. Ran it to Georgia, Fla. and Ky. running 70 - 75 and mpgs were within the 50 zone. Mileage has actually dropped since the fuels have changed. When car was new there was "Low Sulphur Diesel", and 39 consistent city mps, hwy was still like 50, then when "Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel" came out mpgs dropped to 36-37 city. Now with the "Biodiesel" here in PA. the city mpgs are 34, so thank God our govt. has our backs on keeping the planet together.

I have a Curt class 1 hitch with 2" euromount ball mounted on the car for towing my 1 ton Aluma utility trailer. 4 pin Wiring is in rear storage compt. and I run it out bottom of hatch when towing. 2k max tow and 200lb. tongue wgt for the hitch.

Asking $5000.00 OBO. You can KBB the price, the car truly is in top shape, but the age kicks it I suppose.

Hoping to sell it to a VW TDI enthusiast, someone who will appreciate what they have rather than somebody who just needs a car for work... but, I need to sell it, so...

Thanks for reading the post. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

TwoFuel

TDI
'04 Golf PD, and a '04 Jetta PD
Update:

Pending a Saturday purchase, I believe the car is sold.

Thanks for all the interest!

Thanks also for the forum, a great source of help and information.

I will remove the post if the sale goes this coming Saturday.

Thanks again.

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
Sent you a pm. I am 100% in if the sale falls through. I have cash in hand and live just across the river from you. Been looking for a perfect commuter for a long time. I can pay you as soon as tomorrow.