2004 passat 1.8t 4motion, What do I need for Conversion?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
The ability to search and read followed by patience, time, mechanical abilities, money and supportive spouse/partner....

energy

TDI
mtdi caddy, tdi Multivan Syncro
I'm actually thinking of doing this exact swap. I LOVE the size of that vintage passat. I'm actually gonna use an AHU engine though, since I have one on a pallet sitting here. I'm having Keith Harley make me up some motor mounts. As for the trans, I'm either going to use a 4mo 5 speed from a v6, and put a taller 5th gear in, (as well as the v6 rear diff) or I'm going to locate a 4mo tdi trans and rear diff from Europe somehow (Scotty!). I know it'll be a project, but I think fully worth it to me. I know the AHU through and through and I love that little engine. I think with injectors and a chip I'll have enough power.

TDIMAXIMA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 4motion Passat 5 speed 1.8t
I have had this idea for over a year now. Since I bought my 2004 1.8t 5 speed manual 4 motion. The w8 add's a bit more work thats not needed. A gls is equal to euro passats. Just waiting for everythign to come together. takes months really.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
You will need 3 things:

Time
Money
Beer

:)
Finally somebody gets the swap hierarchy,

TDImaxima, good luck, its not a slamdunk but if you put your mind to it it will happen:)

energy

TDI
mtdi caddy, tdi Multivan Syncro
I have had this idea for over a year now. Since I bought my 2004 1.8t 5 speed manual 4 motion. The w8 add's a bit more work thats not needed. A gls is equal to euro passats. Just waiting for everythign to come together. takes months really.

So is that a 1.8t 4mo wagon? man, rare birds those are. Since I'm set on a wagon, I think when it comes time to do my swap, I'm going to have to use a 1.8t auto 4mo, and convert it into a manual. And tdi... sigh... I have plenty of beer, but not enough money yet, nor time... But I have the engine and mounts!

slapshotjh

Veteran Member
TDI
97 GLX B4V
Do the engine mounts need to be sourced from Europe?

I've done a B4 GLX to TDI conversion, an AWD passat or audi wagon would be a nice step up.