2004 Jetta Wagon TDI, deer damage!!

RhysOnArrakis

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL, with DSG, 160,000 miles
Hello all, here's a little bit about the car. It is an automatic 5-speed GLS, no heated seats. Leather seats (black) were retrofitted by PO. Has sunroof and a badly sagging headliner. Has the Bluetooth Mk5 style head unit for calls and audio streaming. All original speakers still sound excellent. I purchased in Feb. 22, drove it home to PA from Bainbridge Island having only the Carfax and receipt for slushbox overhaul. Performed OEM hi-mileage cambelt service with all of the usual replacements: water pump, tensioner, idler, serp. belt and tensioner, all bolts and hardware. Replaced valve cover gasket and inspected cam for usual wear signs, found in excellent condition with no knife-edging or dished lifter buckets. Removed intake manifold and ultrasonic cleaned EGR cooler and all associated parts (EGR valve, pipe) and ultrasonic cleaned intake manifold. Re-assembled all with new OE OR OEM seals. Removed existing turbocharger (leaking) and fitted a new Garrett upgrade vnt17 unit to include the new style EGR pipe. Remove front subframe and cleaned internally. Re installed with new OE bolts. Replaced lower control arms GKN, front struts (BILSTEIN), strut install and bearing kit(Sachs), sway bar bushings (GKN), new steering rack ( AAS), steering rod ends (GKN), new rear shocks (Bilstein), spring lower seats (VW), spring upper rubbers (Rein), and upper shock mounts (Sachs). All single use hardware was replaced throughout. New Sumitomo tires fitted, new EBC discs and GreenStuff pads. All of this was at approx. 127,000 miles, and all receipts and service records are on hand. Currently the car has 152,000 miles at the time of the deer hit. Amazingly no damage to the front pax door. Car was driven home after the hit, but intercooler most likely destroyed as very down on power. Coolant temp stayed in normal range the whole way home, and then dumped all coolant. Power steering also failed but steering geometry still seems intact. Insurance said beyond econicic repair, and I just can't spend the time to scavenge this car for it's thousands in good, low-mileage parts. Engine used approx. 3/4 quart per 10,000 miles, and engine/trans still in useable order. More pics (interior) will be available soon, as the seating surfaces were all in very good condition. Bonnet jammed shut at the moment, I'm working on that. Make an offer if you need lots of good parts! I will of course I will include the folder of records, memos, history and receipts. Thanks for looking, let me know what info you need that isn't listed here.

Rhys Legge,
Lake Ariel PA

Last edited:

summ6t

TDI
2002 Jetta 5 spd
Hello all, here's a little bit about the car. It is an automatic 5-speed GLS, no heated seats. Leather seats (black) were retrofitted by PO. Has sunroof and a badly sagging headliner. Has the Bluetooth Mk5 style head unit for calls and audio streaming. All original speakers still sound excellent. I purchased in Feb. 22, drove it home to PA from Bainbridge Island having only the Carfax and receipt for slushbox overhaul. Performed OEM hi-mileage cambelt service with all of the usual replacements: water pump, tensioner, idler, serp. belt and tensioner, all bolts and hardware. Replaced valve cover gasket and inspected cam for usual wear signs, found in excellent condition with no knife-edging or dished lifter buckets. Removed intake manifold and ultrasonic cleaned EGR cooler and all associated parts (EGR valve, pipe) and ultrasonic cleaned intake manifold. Re-assembled all with new OE OR OEM seals. Removed existing turbocharger (leaking) and fitted a new Garrett upgrade vnt17 unit to include the new style EGR pipe. Remove front subframe and cleaned internally. Re installed with new OE bolts. Replaced lower control arms GKN, front struts (BILSTEIN), strut install and bearing kit(Sachs), sway bar bushings (GKN), new steering rack ( AAS), steering rod ends (GKN), new rear shocks (Bilstein), spring lower seats (VW), spring upper rubbers (Rein), and upper shock mounts (Sachs). All single use hardware was replaced throughout. New Sumitomo tires fitted, new EBC discs and GreenStuff pads. All of this was at approx. 127,000 miles, and all receipts and service records are on hand. Currently the car has 152,000 miles at the time of the deer hit. Amazingly no damage to the front pax door. Car was driven home after the hit, but intercooler most likely destroyed as very down on power. Coolant temp stayed in normal range the whole way home, and then dumped all coolant. Power steering also failed but steering geometry still seems intact. Insurance said beyond econicic repair, and I just can't spend the time to scavenge this car for it's thousands in good, low-mileage parts. Engine used approx. 3/4 quart per 10,000 miles, and engine/trans still in useable order. More pics (interior) will be available soon, as the seating surfaces were all in very good condition. Bonnet jammed shut at the moment, I'm working on that. Make an offer if you need lots of good parts! I will of course I will include the folder of records, memos, history and receipts. Thanks for looking, let me know what info you need that isn't listed here.

Rhys Legge,
Lake Ariel PA
May be interested in the whole car, I am driving am 2003 sedan that i could use as a donor. Long distance to haul to Kentucky but would like to see how the costs add up. How about $1000.00 for the car? Then I'll get a haul price. Cna pay over paypal or venmo when the tow truck shows up.