2004 Jetta TDI PD spotted

jbagley

The local VW dealership (Fredericton VW) has got their first TDI PD in. It's a 'Spice Red' 2004 Jetta Wagon. The dealership was closed, so I couldn't take it out for a test. I think it's time to sell my 2000 Jetta TDI. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
I would assume it's already sold. I doubt you could take it for a test drive... unless you could talk the new owner into one. Thanks for the post... I'll have to call my local dealership and make sure my mom's car is still on order. She ordered a 2004 Jetta GLS TDI... two months ago they called and told her it was in. It was a 2003 /images/graemlins/mad.gif. So they said "oops" and told her they'd call when her 2004 was in. I called them a month ago and they had her name on file, but no order. Geez. These guys are actually pretty decent, but I think the salesman she worked with was an idiot. He is "no longer with them". Hopefully she'll get her PD TDI soon... I can't wait to drive it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

dervatl

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Grey
McBrew, I thought about doing the same thing your mom did. However, I haven't figured out a way to do it without getting "bent over" so to speak. Since pricing is not out yet, I wouldn't be able to negoiate a deal. Chances are, when it came in the dealer would want me to pay list. Do you know something I don't, or is she figuring on paying list?
Thanks,
Darryl

blugg

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, black
McBrew: You said you doubted the dealer would let him take it for a test ride. What's with that?

I've heard of Harley Davidson doing that, but never a car dealer. Why would anyone buy a car they can't test drive first?

jbagley

As far as I know, the car has not been sold yet. This dealership usually moves cars that have been sold or special ordered to the back portion of the lot. This car is out front with a sign in the window that says: '2004 Model - 100 HP Diesel'. I imagine it will sell within a few days. If I can get there before then, I'll be going for a test drive. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jbagley

For those that asked, here are a couple of (poor quality) pictures of the TDI PD. The interior looks similar to the 2003's, except that the gauges are outlined with some sort of metallic finish which doesn't look too bad.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
Ummm... is it just me, or is that the same body as a 2003? I guess we're not getting the A5 body yet, huh? Maybe as a 2004.5 model? Oh, well... at least the 100 HP PD engine is in there!

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
The A5 Golf probably wont be around til '05 or '05.5 and the A5 Jetta is supposed to be a year behind. We still got lotsa time to wait to see the next Jetta.

Hyates

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
I believe that the wagon won't have the chrome rubstrips, BUT will have the chrome grille only. Maybe this can be verified.

My question is: do the the tail lights have AMBER turn signals? I DEPLORE red turn signals!

Harry.

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic
I just spotted my new wagon, it's at the dealership! It does look quite nice. Couldn't get very close as it's locked in a compound.
The spice red is quite nice, kind of a red/burgandy combo.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
spicy, it's about damn time. They sure kept you waiting long enough. Camera ready?? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic
[ QUOTE ]
dieseldorf said:
spicy, it's about damn time. They sure kept you waiting long enough. Camera ready?? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to bore you guys with what has happened since my last update(s). To say the least it has been an absolute gong show. VWoA Customer Care has been absolutely brutal and no help whatsoever. It almost made me consider possibly backing out of the deal.
My dealership has been excellent, and I'm more than certain they have shared in my frustration.
Anyways, it's all over soon. They'll be doing my PDI tomorrow and I should have the car on Wednesday. I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning with the digital, stay tuned!!

VWV

TDI
TDI wagon - 2004 - Silver
Can you get a picture of the new shaped headlights. Does it come with a block heater are these standard?

What in the engine just from looking diferentiates the 100 hp from the 90 hp engine. Thanks.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
[ QUOTE ]
spicy_red said:
VWoA Customer Care has been absolutely brutal and no help whatsoever.

My dealership has been excellent, and I'm more than certain they have shared in my frustration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comments about the people at VW come as a surprise to no one. I was waiting for a Jetta sitting at the port (only 7 miles from the delivering dealership), they would not release it, and I needed to pick the car up since the previous car had been turned in. I finally found out the car had been damaged in shipping and needed repair and the port refused to say how long it would be. That was the deal-breaker for me and it said, "See ya!" I ultimately found the identical car on the other side of the state. What a pain.

Anyhow, don't forget those glamour shots. We anxiously wait!

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2003, Tornado Red
SR,

Congrats /images/graemlins/cool.gif All I can say is WOW /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess the info that I gave you (from the internet manager) was wrong /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So, when r u going to take it outside the fence? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
Also, give us a review of how well the Tiptronic tranny works in your car, since I can see it in the pictures.

Hopefully, much happyness for you soon. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jason

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Did I miss something? Even the G/J diesels have gone to "automatic only"? Tell me it's not so. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
Cool... I like the sport-type cluster... Do you know if it has a MFD on it? It doesn't look like it, but it's hard to tell.

And wow... I was waiting to see it to believe it but that sure looks like a PD engine!

VWV

TDI
TDI wagon - 2004 - Silver
Thanks for those pictures very nice indeed, cheers for the underhood shot, trying to figure out those 4 white boxes on the engine cover. I just compared those pics to ones I took of a 2003 and apart from engine they look the same. I read the grille was going to chrome and the front headlights and rear would have a different shape. Actually glad they didn't change it much. I hear the Monsoon is standard now.

gredi

Veteran Member
I think those "boxes" are part of the engine cover. The 2.5 & 5.0 TDI covers look very similar. One box per cylinder. Don't know if they are for decoration or actually perform a function.

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)
[ QUOTE ]
dieseldorf said:
Did I miss something? Even the G/J diesels have gone to "automatic only"? Tell me it's not so. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering what I missed Dieseldorf. Where did you see this ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lightman

Veteran Member
are you guys really getting that excited over 10 more hp? VW is so gay, they should put 150hp PD's in them , minimum. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
[ QUOTE ]
spoilsport said:
I'm wondering what I missed Dieseldorf. Where did you see this ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate, I don't want to start rumors and know that the new Passat B5.5 diesels will be auto only. There has been so much talk about the new PD Jettas having Tiptronic. I hope that isn't the only choice for the G/J platform.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
[ QUOTE ]
Lightman said:
are you guys really getting that excited over 10 more hp? VW is so gay, they should put 150hp PD's in them , minimum. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not the HP, it's the technology. that 10hp is closer to the 150hp than we've come since '96 - it signals a change in the attitude VWOA has toward the engine. this, the passat, and the toureg v10 are all very big steps for VW to be taking.

Hyates

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
I have a 5 speed manual TDI-PD J-Wagon on order. It should be built this week /images/graemlins/smile.gif Tip is an option.

Harry.

Hyates

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
Spicy_Red: Excellent news /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for the teaser pix... especially of the engine. Interesting to see that your grille is body colour... I was expecting it to be chromed. I'm relieved. I'm happy to see the Euro cluster is there!

More pix when you get a chance, please /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Harry.