2004 Jetta GL TDI 09A Auto for sale Kansas City $4500

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I have my 2004 Jetta TDI for sale. I bought this car in St. Louis last summer from a fellow that attended our last GTG in Kansas City. The car had a tan cloth interior when I purchased it, and like all tan cloth VW interiors, it looked dirty. I swapped the seats, door cards, lower dash panels, glovebox (tan one had a broken handle) and installed the arm rest from my parts car. The carpet, kick panels, and center console are still tan. The seats have heaters in them if the new owner is capable of adding switches and harness and wiring them up. The car has approximately 249k miles as of today. I travel quite a bit, but I am usually home on the weekends. I thought I would advertise this here before I put it up for sale locally. Please send me a PM, or email me at copierbrain AT yahoo.com if interested.

Here's the good, bad and ugly:

Good -
Timing belt, water pump, tensioner, idler, serp belt, and stretch bolts replaced in December 2014 (by me) using Dayco kit. All filters replaced at the time of timing belt service. Cam inspected and in good shape. Torsion set to +1.5
09A tiptronic auto shifts as it should
New tandem pump
Nice Alpine bluetooth receiver with iPod/Iphone control
Prewired for an amp and sub behind rear seat
Its a GL, so there is no sunroof to leak :p
Has a tow hitch and is wired for trailer lights
Starts, runs, and drives great. No check engine lights.
Factory monsoon head unit included with radio code
No rust except surface rust spots on hood from rock chips
Fender liners cleaned out when I did the timing belt.
Both key fobs, valet key, owners manual, and some service records from previous owner included.

Bad-
Has some rock chips on front bumper cover and hood. Some of the rock impacts have knocked off some of the paint on the front bumper cover
There are a couple of chips in the windshield
Tires have good tread but the rears are Michelin and the fronts are Goodyear
This car has hub caps and steel wheels instead of alloys.

Ugly-
The paint chips - I tried to get some close ups
There is no lower belly pan. I would recommend the new owner install an aluminum or steel skid plate to protect the pan.
Has a bumper sticker - should be easy to remove.
Here's some pics

Last edited: