2004 BEW tdi jetta

Robles101791

TDI
2001 ALH golf
I’m stumped….

bought a factory zero mod old lady owned 04 tdi with 140k miles two weeks ago with a slipping factory clutch. I replaced the clutch with the proper parts, followed the install instructions and this hasn’t been my first replacement. Im still with in the “breakin” period. But the clutch is still slipping. I have an 01ALH that did not have this issue. The clutch disc is facing the correct way and it wasn’t contaminated by any fluids.Pressure plant flywheel were also replaced as a kit. It also feels like the higher the rpm’s with the clutch already disengaged it slips worse even while taking it easy…

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
What clutch and fly wheel set up? Maybe a pic or link?

Did you also replace the pivot bolt and clip?

Robles101791

TDI
2001 ALH golf
This trans has bo pivot ball but a pivot stud like my alh does . It looked perfectly fine. The old set up which was slipping as well had a supper worn pressure plat that was cracked with missing fingers. So I saw a big issue with the old parts. The thickness on the old pressure plat was less than half of the new one. And the brand is (south eat clutch) I have the same one in my alh.

Robles101791

TDI
2001 ALH golf
I’m stumped….

bought a factory zero mod old lady owned 04 tdi with 140k miles two weeks ago with a slipping factory clutch. I replaced the clutch with the proper parts, followed the install instructions and this hasn’t been my first replacement. Im still with in the “breakin” period. But the clutch is still slipping. I have an 01ALH that did not have this issue. The clutch disc is facing the correct way and it wasn’t contaminated by any fluids.Pressure plant flywheel were also replaced as a kit. It also feels like the higher the rpm’s with the clutch already disengaged it slips worse even while taking it easy…
Update, I’m not new to the mechanic game I’ve worked on just about everything including f18 fighter jets but the slipping clutch symptom was nothing more than an original fuel filter on a 140k engine.