2003 VW NB - SOLD - TDI-5sp, 77k Original Miles, 2nd Owner, Mechanically Perfect, Clean CarFax, Price Reduced!

nkuehn

TDI
None
$7,000. Located in Kansas City, MO, just 20 minutes from our major airport. Fly in and drive this car to it's new home anywhere in North America! Mechanically everything has been done that has or could be an issue. Exterior has 2 blemishes on the passenger side involving the lower rocker panel near the rear and the rear edge of the lower door is slightly dented in, both cosmetic only issues. Interior Issues include the door cards cracking around the door handles, which is common but the dieselgeek door structure upgrade is in place along with their shifter kit. Otherwise factory thru and thru. I have over 12k in receipts since purchase. Clean CarFax and a list of serviced items are available on request as I could not figure out how to load them in the post. I purchased the car with 47k miles in 2016 and had the car transported to the famed TDI Guru (also a member of this and many other VW forums) Frank Irving of Frank's VW TDI's in Lockwood, MO. He went thru the car, performed a Major Service and addressed any issues at that time such as Timing Belt, Water Pump, Turbo Replacement, etc.

Last edited:

97caron

Veteran Member
TDI
NB
How are you coming up with the valuation? I'm curious as I am considering listing my 01 with the more desired GLS package

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I wish the OP well with the sale - certainly put a lot of work and money into it.

With that said, if this was like a Jetta wagon or possibly a Golf, I think that price would be....at least in the ballpark of finding a potential buyer.

The NB body, while "cute" back in the early 2000s, just isn't in super-high demand 20years later; and given that a "good" NB TDI can be had (at least in my parts) for less than half of that, the pool of potential buyers willing to spend that kinda money is going to be rather scarce.

nkuehn

TDI
None
Appreciate the comments! Yes probably dreaming, just thinking of the person who wants a car ready to drive for the next 100k miles without putting much $$$ into along the way. May need to revise the price ultimately.

bigsexyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 NB, '04 Jetta
It will be tough. I am your target audience. NB fan through nd through. I am literally drooling over here... It is everything I want in my "forever" Beetle... low miles, uncommon color combo, GL, Raves... the whole deal... but yeah I just can't pay that much. I can just manual swap the super nice 01M car i gave $800 for.

But for the person that can't or won't want to build one, this is it. Such a sweet car. GLWS!!!

nkuehn

TDI
None
BSTDI, thank you for your take! I agree, price will come down each week until it's sold so fret not. When you see the service history, you will understand why I'm shooting for the moon!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, sad the NBs won't ever be in high demand like some (well, ALL) of the other ALH equipped cars. Looks nice, though.

I had one that color:

1667231559059.jpeg

Mine was perfect mechanically, had an RC2 tune on it, new upgraded suspension, skid plate, clutch, a few other things... sold it for $2800.

watatrp

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta tdi (gone) 2013 Passat SEL TDI
Just wanted to verify: this is an ALH, has had the timing belt and water pump replaced? What was the reason for the turbo replacement?

nkuehn

TDI
None
Yes, ALH motor, timing belt and water pump replaced directly after I purchased. Turbo replacement if memory serves was due to the seals failing.