2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI 5 spd - $2800

mcote13

TDI
2003 Jetta GL Wagon - manual
Selling Old Blue... She's been great, but inspection sticker is up and I've made the decision to sell. I don't need to tell anyone on this forum about how great the older wagons are, so I will leave that off. Here is the info, ask if you want more, I'm probably missing some things.

2003 VW Jetta TDI Wagon
202k miles
5 speed manual
15” alloy wheels with matching tires – tires 10/2014 (less then 10k on them)
Black cloth interior
Tow package with receiver

local listing and photos can be seen here: http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5285283329.html

here is what it needs:

Spring, front driver’s side (I have been driving for a while with it, just squeaks). It still sits in tightly and doesn’t appear to want to pop out.
Steering rack (was told tie rod end and boot need replacing). Turns fine, just feels a little loose.
Actuator on turbo rusted off, I have been running it slow last 5k miles, needs turbo replaced
I'm asking $2,800 best offer. I think this is a fair price for a solid 03 wagon. Feel free to reach out with questions. Thanks.
-Matt

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Wow seems like a screaming deal ... too bad not closer to me

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
Lets see...
$2800.00
You will need a turbo $1200ish with labor and additional parts
Timing belt and associated belts and water pump and rollers, tenionser etc 1000.00 with labor
Low prices for fuel these days
Maine car... No heated seats ( strange )
GL car? Not GLS?
Hows the clutch? replaced? When?
Dieselgate ( I know it has nothing to do with this car but still for the general public...

If it was in California then it would fly

mcote13

TDI
Yes, Maine car. No rot at all, surface rust spot on pass fender and a couple small spots here and there. Really good shape for the age. It is a GL, no heated seats unfortunately.

Open to offers.

Last edited:

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
if it were closer I would probably pick this up. Free bump and goodluck

mcote13

TDI
Price drop - $2,000

Price drop - now asking $2k. Additional photos available if requested. Thanks!
-Matt

vr6dubin0531

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta
It took me 11 hours from pa and then 12 back from Maine it was fun matt was really honest and straight foward gave me the key and valet key and all the paper work receipts and helped me get the hitch to budge to remove it. The car is almost as clean as a southern car definitely taken care off! It was a great deal and i couldn't me any happier so thanks matt i am grateful and i appreciate everything.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Heat up a safety pin cherry red and plunge it into your finger nail. It releases the blood under the nail and the nail won't die and fall off...