2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5M - 161K - $4,500 - SE WI

Smithers

Veteran Member
Former enthusiast and OG TDI Cub member.

2nd owner. Bought from my friend's sister, who bought it new in '03.

The good:

When I bought it, the intake manifold was clogged and the turbo was questionable. The following work was performed by a WI-based guru that everyone knows. All work performed ~8,000 miles ago.

Intake manifold cleaning
Replaced turbo with a good junkyard example.
Timing belt full kit replacement - everything.
New lines/hoses.
New pads/rotors all around.
Brake fluid changed.
Trans. fluid changed.
New ~500 miles ago - Michelin tires (Costco)
The car has never, ever failed to start or stranded me.

The bad:
Brake pad light is on. I don't know why - pads are new. Brakes could be stronger. Hydraulic issue?
Airbag light is on. It came on when I moved the seat back the first time I drove the car and it's been on ever since. I suspect the seat hadn't been moved since the car was new. Friend's sister is the only person that ever drove it. Disconnected wire?
Rust spots. I ground them down with a wire brush, primed with POR-15, then painted with a spray can that said it matched but doesn't. It's come back.
Headliner - the usual.
Parking brake button
Belligerent ash tray cover

The car was not detailed or even cleaned/vacuumed for the photos. It can only look better after you do that. I think I've managed to capture all the relevant features/options in the photos. If not, let me know what you'd like to see and I'll add it as soon as I can.

I'm available Fr/Sa and most evenings for showings.

Photos:

crlefley

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (Golden Child) - Stage 4 Malone tuned, 2.5 buzzken, Panzer plate, Taller 5th Gear, 17/22 turbo, Injectors, 2003 Jetta wagon indigo blue: Bone stock. 1986 GTI VR6 Swapped. 1995 Passat Syncro Variant VR6.
Pretty good deal for a low mileage TDI. If I was in the market for the motor, I would come at it... The rust in the north eats our quarter panels... Good luck with the sale my friend!