2003 GLS Jetta Wagon, ALH, TDI, 5 sp.

Doc

Veteran Member
I need to explain why I bought this car and how I became its third owner. About this time last year I came across this car by chance. Wow! It appeared to be exactly like the '03 Jetta Wagon, TDI, GLS, 5 speed that I owned from '03 to 2015. Having owned the car for 12 years I felt it was time I moved on to a newer car, and although the car had treated me well, I was up in arms having to spend a thousand dollars for the timing belt and water pump.

So here it was, some five years later, and I am looking at an '03 TDI wagon, 5sp, GLS. Same silver color, but with the gray cloth interior. The car was clean, some scratches, drove O.K. on a short drive, and as it was a California car, rust free. Told the dealer if the cover under the engine was there, I would buy it. It was. We agreed upon a price.
Why am I selling it? I own four cars and am the only driver in the family as my wife no longer drives her '02 Beetle. I also own an '81 Rabbit convertible.

I had one major expense, the turbo. Should have driven as they say on these pages..."like you're stealing it." Car now runs great. Price; $5,500.

Have all records from previous owner and mine. Both keys and owner's manual. Experian Auto Check from dealer shows no accidents or problems. USB port in glove compartment.

133.000: replaced turbo, cleaned out manifold, etc.
116,500: replaced timing belt, water pump, brake pads and rotors
Monsoon radio but no a.m. Rear portion of headliner loose. Cover of center arm rest unattached. Two tiny holes on driver's seat caused by faulty seat heater.
Car is located in Rhode Island.
Photos available at: https://gls2003jettawagonalhtdi5sp.shutterfly.com/

Last edited:

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
I would like to potentially have an opportunity to purchase. I live on the West Coast and would need to take a plane flight out there to pick it up if it remains available.