2002 jetta
well rebuild is under way.

body work is completed, and some new parts have been purchased
including:

full gli headliner
euro recaro front seats
high bolster rear seats
aero wipers

current plan is by next spring have a 5 speed swap done, and paint work completed. in addition to painting accident damage i'm going to have my fenders and hood repainted....debating on getting a boser hood done or just buying a speedtech extension and badgeless grille....

i'm not a hundred percent either way.....or just doing a notch filled hood...

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
did some work on the car today. been busy with moving home from minnesota, moving to school, and then my cousin got married...

headliner in as well as my new antenna
seats discovered that the air bag connectors are different because of seat/car age, luckily a friend who is helping me with the air bag coding has extras of both so we're going to decide tomorrow which will be easier to change, the car side or the seat side of the harnesses.

wipers will be going on tomorrow as well

we're going to try and get the wipers, airbag system, cluster(FIS cluster from jetta_97) with new stalk and temp sensor installed/working/whatever tomorrow. so that should be a long day since we won't be starting until after noon most likely...

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
don't have any pics of the accident really. i'll post a pic of the fixed damage.

got some more work done today and over the past few weeks.

wipers on
cluster adapted and installed
steering column back assembled
seats all in

i decided to remake my amp board out of some hardwood slats, but got WAY to dark of a stain to start with. So that will have to wait until next weekend as there's no way i'm doing that in my college apartment.

so besides that, my to do list includes:
finish amp board
reinstall trunk carpet
recode airbag system(cluster install took too long today to want to start on that to only probably have issues)
run wire to door panel for euro trunk latch
paint-won't be done until january but for a steal of a deal

getting painted:
accident damage
custom trunk lid...its pretty unique
fenders with fender markers shaved and a vent off of a t4 sprinter van(purely aesthetic but looks awesome)
hood

still need to break down my wheels to send out to be refinished but that is for a couple of weeks from now. getting my car back up and in 1 piece is more important while its still kind of warm.

mbetz1020

TDI
03' Jetta TDI
Squire, loved the look of your car, sorry bout the accident. I know it's going to look even better once you get everything fixed up. I've got a question for you, where did you get alot of your parts? Are you buying new or from classified sections. Thanks alot man and good luck!

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
all of my engine bay stuff was bought new except for the pd130 tip which a local mechanic had to sell.

all of the body stuff has been bought used from vortex.

interior has been a hodge podge of new and used items from vortex or other vendors.

while the classifieds here are great for power/maintenance mods, vortex is the place to look for wheels, suspension, exterior, interior, custom stuff, stereo, and more.

the other thing that's great about these classifieds is having vendors who are willing to ship to the USA euro spec parts as well as parts for seat or other vw owned companies that will fit our vehicles...

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
um....i can. but its not in the car anymore. full gli swap.

i'll look through all my old pics and see if i can find them...

T

tyrone shoelaces

were did you get this front bumper? what is it? it is AMAZING and i kinda think i have to have one! oh and by the way i totally dissagree with everyone about the roof racks and the stickers, I love that look. thanks for any information you can give me and sorry to here about the accident but good to see that you didn't give up on the car.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
its a votex front bumper. readily available from ecs tuning found here:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--TDI/Exterior/Body/Votex_Parts/

well the roof rack might be getting sold and the stickers on the rear window i haven't decided on yet.

thanks for the compliments. its been rather hard the past couple of weeks to get out and work on it.

i just need to put the last couple of under dash panels in, trunk carpet, amp board, reattach all stereo wiring, and get it to paint. hoping for a january paint job, get my car able to be fully insured, get the car detailed, park it til may.

other projects include deciding which set of wheels i'm going to run :( i have two sets i really have wanted and now I have both at the same time :( one things for sure, most on this site probably won't like the finish i'm going with...

T

tyrone shoelaces

Yeah but in my opinion thats my favorite part is when i know that my tasts aren't for everyone but as long as it "tickles your fancy" that's all that really matters right? plus how do new trends start anyhow, by thinking outside the box of what everyone is doing and doing your own thing.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
I have a 2002 Jetta TDI that now has 130,000 miles. You need to drive a lot to catch with mine.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
eh....if i wouldn't have been in an accident i would probably be closing in on 135k.....

hey, i'll just have a lower mile tdi :p

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i just picked up a set of hotchkis swaybars.

front 27mm and rear 30mm.

benefit of the front is that it goes under the axle thus eliminating the chance for axle to swaybar rub

mbetz1020

TDI
03' Jetta TDI
hey squire, did you have an oem votex roof rack on your car? if so, did you have to modify the fairing to work with it or what? thanks for the info.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
Thanks man, it's at a stand still currently. Bought some new goodies, but imhoping to get it to paint soon. I'm contemplating one big project which is stalling me on reinstalling my trunk carpet....

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i'll snag some if i'm home this weekend long enough to get my camera out....

going to see blue man group in madison with my girlfriend. best anniversary gift ever!

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI (164,XXX Miles) 1.9L, Stage 1.5 malone tuned
dang huge mpg difference? Car looks like its in pretty ruff shape. Hopefully u get it back up and going again soon.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
haha yea....i'm averaging 17-18 in my jeep. you should have seen it when it was as far apart as it got....all of the interior was out but the carpet and dash....

its come a long way, and i would say is 80% complete minus paint.