2002 jetta sedan

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i wish i wasn't moving to minnesota for the summer....then i would get them on the car ALOT sooner. it will probably be a couple of weekends of coming home and i'll only be coming home once a month so maybe by mid june i'll have them on...hopefully by eurowerks i'll have them on...

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI (164,XXX Miles) 1.9L, Stage 1.5 malone tuned
Whats eurowerks? I live in waukesha. Is it far?

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI (164,XXX Miles) 1.9L, Stage 1.5 malone tuned
Unfortunately they have me working 3:15 to 10pm that day ima try to switch shifts with someone as it is a week away.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
well my car is going back to the shop tomorrow to figure out why it wouldn't start this past weekend. heard a metal on metal grinding sound that has yet to be deciphered what it was. it seems to be a fuel issue as the car was turning over just fine.

odd thing, there seemed to be diesel fuel on top of the trans when i looked at it.

i was much less than enthused as i was on my way to a car show. but better this week than next when i will be in MN for my internship. that would be an awesome first impression for people to have of me....late for my orientation

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
found out that the injection pump went bad on my car and it needs replacing...or my car is getting replaced....is it really worth it on a 10 year old car. we'll see what i come up with for prices on replacing it.....

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
yea, his costs out probably around there. 1050ish for me and he said his price is less. also saw that bora has rebuilds by bosch for 948

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
first and only good pic with the porsche wheels on, and you can't even see what they are.....first and only good pic from this summer of the car as it sits. oh well things change tomorrow!! just need to get a roll of double sided tape in the morning and i'm good to go.

car was dirty as h*ll at the time, but thank god for sunset :)

Last edited:

530diesel

TDI
02 jett
Car looks great man, props. Where did you get your shark fin antenna and how do you like it -fitment, performance, color match etc?

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i do have an exhaust tip for the car. just need to get the rear section remade for the tip to sit properly in the cut out..

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
thanks man. might be getting some new goodies for the car in the next couple of weeks. a local show gli just got smoked so i might be getting some new parts......

and in other news, i think my motor mounts are getting worn out or i have a very dirty air filter/clogged intake manifold. my motor seems to be shaking a lot....and the only thing that i can think of is the air filter because i drive on gravel at work all day so i will try changing that tomorrow and see if that improves things.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
went out and rocked my motor to see if i could contact my skid plate(which is what sounded like it was vibrating) and it appears that my motor mounts are all worn out....so i guess i'll be shopping around for new mounts. i'm thinking that the BFI stage 1 mounts are going to be what will be going into my car.

i think it is a combination of worn out mounts and my skid plate getting dented from driving low and hitting things with the skid plate. i might look into motor mount spacers as well to raise the motor....

birdplane

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Wow, nice work. Looks really slick I must say.

The wind guard you had on your car in previous pictures, did that help with the noise from the roof racks much? I have the racks on my car now and when the sunroof is open I get a weird humming from the airflow or something.

Also, I can't see the pics of the interior and a few others you poster from flickr. Don't know if it's me or the post.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
it helped a bit, i never had that weird humming, but it is still going to be loud. its not hard at all to install, if you need help with it or anything let me know.

as for interior pics, i was consolidating/reorganizing my photo accounts and apparenly i moved/deleted some pics unintendedly....i'll get them back up...or take new ones.

i do have my new motor mounts going in this week. i also will be changing my oil this weekend, so i think that i'll check my skid plate and see if i can pound out some dents so i can eliminate any high spots in the plate my engine may be rubbing on....

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
car will have new wheels next year......should look very different than this year.

debating on selling the porsche wheels and investing in something different for the car...finally possibly a tranny swap

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
need suggestions for a euro plate......i am getting my euro trunk painted.....will be JUST FOR SHOWS not ever on the road

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
this may be the end of this thread.....i just got in more than minor fender bender today....i have to see what my insurance company says tomorrow, but...i don't think it looks good.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i found an r that is in the process of getting a shaved bay with the motor out.....just concerned about the insurance cost...

Rescuefireman15

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Silver 5 speed
Squire89,
Sorry to hear about your car. I wish you all the luck in the world, but maybe redirect your love to the women in your life!!!! I'm just saying. Everyone else, I will be joining SQUIRE89's family soon, so I can say that.
Glade your O.K. and I'm sure you next car will be even sicker!!
P.S. YOU LIVE IN WISCONSIN HOW WAS THAT LOWING KIT THIS LAST WINTER!!! You needed a 2" LIFT LIKE MY SETUP.
LATER,