2002 jetta sedan

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
18x10... jeez. Going to stretch some 235s? Tuck 'em with the fk's dumped? Might want to roll your fenders...

Good luck! Those beasts must be heavy - but sure look beautiful.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
fenders are rolled, i'm kicking around the idea of either a 235/40 or a 245/35. all i can say is thank god for vortex. but some people sure have an odd interpretation of calculating offsets. i'll be sitting at offsets of 30 front and rear so i'm tucking hopefully the entire rim in back with minimal poke

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
there's really nothing to roll in the back, the only option is to pull the fenders out....hopefully won't have to do that. don't want to do that major of body work....

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI modifications
Exterior
• OEM Roof Rack Painted Black
o With custom added Thule fairing
• Front valence from VW Bora 4-Motion
• front rub strip from VW Bora
• Debadged Trunk Lid
• Custom smoked tail lights
• Smoked fender repeater
• OEM fog Lights added
• OEM HID Replica Headlights
• Black front and rear VW emblems
• Dieselgeek Skid plate(protects oil pan as well as stiffens lower suspension)
• OEM headlight covers from Australia
Interior
• .:R 32 Steering wheel and shift boot
• GLI aluminum interior Trim
• Plaid wrapped headliner, parcel shelf, rear view mirror, arm rest
• aluminum door sills
• OEM Sunglasses holder
• Pioneer Head unit
• Infinity Kappa Speakers
• dual Alpine Amps
• Revolution Design Sub
• New South Boost gauge
• Beetle Headrests
Engine and performance
• Sprint 520 Injector nozzles
• Rocketchip stage 2 chip
• 2.5" turbo back exhaust
• Dieselgeek Oil filter bypass(filters some oil a second time before sending it back to the engine extending oil life)
• Turbo inlet pipe from PD 130 Engine
• homemade Short Ram air Intake
• Custom shaved and painted engine cover
• 3 bar racing TDI boost controller
• EGR Cooler system deleted
• Passenger side vented fender liner from City Jetta(increases air flow through intercooler)
• Old Navy CCV with elephant hose mod
• GLI front brakes
• .:R32 rear brakes
Suspension and Wheels
• FK Silverline coilovers
• VF engineering sway bar front end links
• Mason tech Great plates (recenters the rear wheel in the wheel well when lowering the rear of the car)
• Neuspeed 28 mm Rear Sway bar

figured i would update my mod list. seems like a lot...... i also have found another set of wheels i might pick up to stick on the car but i'll let you know as things develop....

Last edited:

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
they may not be going on until summer 2012... i've looked in to tire sizing for the fronts and they're a little narrow to stretch a tire and not have it look like a rubber band thus eliminating all ground clearance and being able to tuck rim under the front fender... picked up a set of AMG Aero II they're an 18x8.5 that will look nice with a 225/40 on them. i got them for a price i couldn't turn down. now just have to figure out which adapters i need to buy...porsche or mercedes.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
they're the ones vw seller was/is selling. they're an oem replica headlight and i put oem(non us market) headlight covers on to protect the lenses.

Fiveflat

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta, 2008 PSD
Very nice looking car! Spring '09 are the best pics IMO.

I just bought my 99.5 a week ago. Want some satin black wheels for it bad.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
alright, 18x8 oz superturismo wheels, 5 mm front/15 mm rear spacer, eibach oe sport springs/koni fsd combo.

made the car about an inch lower or about the height of a factory gli

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
well i got my porsche wheels put on, discovered i need one of two options, a new front sway bar with the larger hoops or i need adjustable sway bar endlinks. i'm rubbing fairly hard fairly consistently between the sway bar and passenger side axle. so i left my car where i had it for winter until i get a sway bar fix.

i could have stood for a wider tire, but for the price, i couldn't say no. i'm tucking almost an entire 10" rim under the rear. need like a 5-8mm spacer out back to make the tire look better at the height i'm at, but we'll see what it looks like about a half inch lower.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
also, i picked up a set of oem xenon driving lights that i replaced my fog lights with. they're f*ckin bright. i need a bigger alternator if i have the driving lights, headlights and high beams on with my stereo, the interior lights start to dim every so often. but the likely hood of me having all the lights on at once are slim to none.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Car is looking very clean Squire. I keep tabs on your thread at least once a week. Keep up the good work.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
wow, my car is being followed?? thats mildly creepy. there should be more to come in the fall.....

first purchase is likely to be a hotchkis front sway bar or adjustable front endlinks, i have the need for more low....

current wish list include
exterior upgrades: gli lips or bora r bumpers
interior upgrades: r32 seats and a newly wrapped headliner
go fast: 17/22 turbo, fmic, nozzles, pd 150 intake, 5/6 speed tranny
not likely going to happen: air ride.......

i don't know what to do, i really like the idea of all of the parts listed above, just need to figure out what i want to do with the car, make it pretty, or fast....or both :)

kind of leaning towards the gli lips on the exterior, i have a friend who has a front he'll get me on the cheap, and rears and side skirts aren't terribly hard to source.

at the same time, i need to get my bumper painted, as my paint cracked for some reason and a chunk came off. so would it be worth it to just get a bora r or votex bumper to help that fmic breathe??????? possibly

why can't i just win the lottery :(

i

Last edited:

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
keep it up and don't be scare of the 5 or 6spd swap it is a breeze. Worst thing is the wiring and only because of the position you must work in.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
there's a mechanic in madison that i would have do the trans job. i'm not confident enough in my mechanical abilities to do that, but i guess you don't know if you don't try.

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI (164,XXX Miles) 1.9L, Stage 1.5 malone tuned
I thought about going up to madison for my trans flush? Is it a good idea to do a trans flush? And is it worth driving up to madison for im here in waukesha?

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
has it been done before? if not, then it should have been done twice if it was an auto. check your service manual. but i would for sure say you should change it if it hasn't been done before.

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea ima check on that.... How often should a gear box be replaced? Where can i get one?

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
when it goes bad....kind of depends on when it goes out. mine just happen to go out at 120ish thousand miles. so, i would see what it looks like and talk to jason(assuming thats where you're thinking of taking your car and see what he thinks. he'll be able to have a better idea of how things are doing after seeing how much metal comes out when he does the fluid swap

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
gear boxes have to be changed on an automatic right? Its just not a manual thing?

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
yea, what happens is the torque converter goes(usually) and it won't accelerate as it normally would, and my trans also lost overdrive.

manuals usually just need a new clutch/flywheel combo, and it will have a similar situation. you'll push the pedal more and more and the car still accelerates very slowly

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
soi just found the deal of the year...... ....just waiting on confirmation of the OEMness of the parts and him having everything.

Last edited:

Orth92

Veteran Member
TDI
sweet cant wait to see the new stuff on the car