2002 jetta sedan

dbeck_01

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta tdi
that interior is....baad..asss!! haha
my headliner is saggin real bad now so when i get my car back i'm going to look into somthing similiar possibly. I'm really diggin that plaid

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
hey dbeck. thanks for the compliments as well as to everyone that has complimented it to me.

how long did it take whitbread to do your fmic?

dbeck_01

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta tdi
well i brought him the "ebay kit" with the 2.5 inch piping and real big intercooler. so a little more work was needed as far as triming the bumper and cutting on the crashbar. it took about 12 hours straight work thats counting a pd150 intake install and r520 installs. one injector did not want to co-operate at all so he had to make a slide hammer hah. but he did an amazing job welding up that fmic. im leaving for his place right now, gonna install my recarro seats then hangout at the g2g tomorrow

1tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.5 Black
Wow this car was looking really cool with all the mods and stuff, then i saw the shifter and almost died, whats the deal with the auto?

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
the absolute only tdi that i could find in the midwest that was a TDI.......i'm saving my pennies though for a 5 or 6 speed...

buildingup

TDI
None
You have any more pictures of the interior? Looking at an 02 right now with leather but don't know if its worth it or not.

Love the look of your car!!

Last edited:

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i'll actually be taking more pics soon. have some more plaid in mind.....but not sure how it will look. i'm in the works of getting some photoshops done. i'll post them here when i get them and see what the more....exteriorly conservative dub owners think......

buildingup

TDI
None
So was the headliner something you had made custom or someone sells kits for these cars?

Looks outstanding, and completely unique. Kinda wondering how much it set you back as well. If you could shoot me a PM about the headliner that would be great.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i've been getting a lot of messages about the headliner and have no problems sharing how i got it. I actually got very lucky and an individual from indiana was selling it so i picked it up wrapped already with the plaid with all of the pillars and sunroof cover. i then wrapped the parcel shelf and the armrest cover with extra fabric that he provided.

i'll tell you that you can use just about any fabric that you want, but i would recommend something that has a slight stretch, will make some of the corners easier. there's lots of individuals that have done this on vortex themselves. the process is fairly simple yet time consuming. remove, strip off old fabric, get a very super strong adhesive to use on the fabric, let it dry and air out, then reinstall. i'll try and find the headliner removal diy on vortex to post, but if you have upper air bags on the pillars they SUCK to take off.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
there's only one "easy" way to get a non grey or black(gli/.:R/20th) and that's spray paint if you want a solid color.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
just wondering what you guys think. the wheels are going for cheap in my area and...i think they would look good with a bit of changes to my car.

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Those wheels always look great on Mk4s, IMO. I think you'd need some side skirts to balance them a bit. Did you do that photo-shop? Not bad!

I would consider purchasing your superturismos (17"ers, right?) if you do buy these and want to sell the old setup.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
they're the 18's, and id still probably keep them and possibly put track tires on them as they're a little beat up already....

i didn't do the p-shop, its courtesy of the p-shop thread on vortex. there's some guys who do amazing work in there

i was also thinking that i'd customize some rcrc tails and get some chrome headlights again so i have some other bright accents on the car

osoonikum

TDI
1999 VW Bora 1,9 TDI AHF
Great job, like your Jetta(for me Bora), nice black looking although i like more OEM looking and keeping it in my Bora....Jetta/Bora is one of the most beautiful cars in my mind. And TDI power makes it for me more attractive.

Keep on going mate;)

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i'm pumped i just picked up a set of european stubby mirrors and i'm working on getting a euro trunk lid for a reasonable price.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
well i thought i would have some photo updates for you tonight, but my plans changed. i have a full set of gli front and .:R rear brakes to install on the jetta(needed brakes, and friend was upgrading his glis and bought a full set of .:R brakes) but my friend had too many cars at his shop to do them tonight so tuesday evening i'll be throwing those on.

i'm still working on the euro trunk. i'll keep you guys updated on that one :D i'm pumped

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
wondering what you guys think about some of my europlate ideas. i'll be ordering one soon and looking for some input. i'm looking for something witty and having to do with diesel

my thought so far:
smok stak
smoker
pak a day
smok bomb
blakout
mpg racer
no battry

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, and it's a little boring. But, if Wisconsin requires a front license plate then I would suggest:

WI 905LDC

Euro Plates only allow 9 characters, including spaces, and the above works great. That way the cops will likely leave you alone. This is what I did.

A few weeks ago I stupidly took a risk with my fuel gauge and lost the bet. As I was waiting for a tow because I needed to re-prime my injectors, a CT state trooper stopped in front of me. He asked me what my plate number was and I pointed to my Deutsch plate on the front, which showed CT ###LLL. That worked for him, and other cops have left me alone too.

I would think that if you put something else on the Euro Plate then you have more of a chance for a future issue. Just my $0.02 In the end, it's really your decision.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
well the gli brakes went on today. the pedal is still a little squishy to me, so i may be bleeding them a bit more, but they're on and they look good. also the front brake warning light is on, but will be hopefully go away once scanned and removed

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
so the front brake light has been going off and on for me here. kind of weird in my opinion. maybe a loose wire or something.

had a damaged euro trunk lid delivered to my house... :( beyond repair. the corners by the back window were bent 90 degrees up...along with some surface rippling on the top of the trunk lid...

still no stubby mirrors yet. should be here this week, stupid parcel post...

did get a pic from over the weekend at dubs in the valley

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
That is a gorgeous auto. What are the headlights/tailights you have? The whole car is wonderful.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
headlights are the ones from vw-seller(look good, and perform....eh)

tail lights are a custom job, stock lights painted with black paint then clear coated.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
oz's are sold to a tdiclub member and have some ideas for wheels, but i'm open to suggestions. bolt pattern doesn't really matter that much, i'm ok with doing adapters.

DBDieseler

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
You mentioned that you picked up the headliner already wrapped...do you know where the previous owner purchased the fabric? It looks like some I saw from a group buy/custom order or something on Vortex, but if it's more readily available I'd like to know. Thanks!