fenders are rolled, i'm kicking around the idea of either a 235/40 or a 245/35. all i can say is thank god for vortex. but some people sure have an odd interpretation of calculating offsets. i'll be sitting at offsets of 30 front and rear so i'm tucking hopefully the entire rim in back with minimal poke
2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI modifications Exterior
• OEM Roof Rack Painted Black
o With custom added Thule fairing
• Front valence from VW Bora 4-Motion
• front rub strip from VW Bora
• Debadged Trunk Lid
• Custom smoked tail lights
• Smoked fender repeater
• OEM fog Lights added
• OEM HID Replica Headlights
• Black front and rear VW emblems
• Dieselgeek Skid plate(protects oil pan as well as stiffens lower suspension)
• OEM headlight covers from Australia Interior
• .:R 32 Steering wheel and shift boot
• GLI aluminum interior Trim
• Plaid wrapped headliner, parcel shelf, rear view mirror, arm rest
• aluminum door sills
• OEM Sunglasses holder
• Pioneer Head unit
• Infinity Kappa Speakers
• dual Alpine Amps
• Revolution Design Sub
• New South Boost gauge
• Beetle Headrests Engine and performance
• Sprint 520 Injector nozzles
• Rocketchip stage 2 chip
• 2.5" turbo back exhaust
• Dieselgeek Oil filter bypass(filters some oil a second time before sending it back to the engine extending oil life)
• Turbo inlet pipe from PD 130 Engine
• homemade Short Ram air Intake
• Custom shaved and painted engine cover
• 3 bar racing TDI boost controller
• EGR Cooler system deleted
• Passenger side vented fender liner from City Jetta(increases air flow through intercooler)
• Old Navy CCV with elephant hose mod
• GLI front brakes
• .:R32 rear brakes Suspension and Wheels
• FK Silverline coilovers
• VF engineering sway bar front end links
• Mason tech Great plates (recenters the rear wheel in the wheel well when lowering the rear of the car)
• Neuspeed 28 mm Rear Sway bar
figured i would update my mod list. seems like a lot...... i also have found another set of wheels i might pick up to stick on the car but i'll let you know as things develop....
they may not be going on until summer 2012... i've looked in to tire sizing for the fronts and they're a little narrow to stretch a tire and not have it look like a rubber band thus eliminating all ground clearance and being able to tuck rim under the front fender... picked up a set of AMG Aero II they're an 18x8.5 that will look nice with a 225/40 on them. i got them for a price i couldn't turn down. now just have to figure out which adapters i need to buy...porsche or mercedes.
well i got my porsche wheels put on, discovered i need one of two options, a new front sway bar with the larger hoops or i need adjustable sway bar endlinks. i'm rubbing fairly hard fairly consistently between the sway bar and passenger side axle. so i left my car where i had it for winter until i get a sway bar fix.
i could have stood for a wider tire, but for the price, i couldn't say no. i'm tucking almost an entire 10" rim under the rear. need like a 5-8mm spacer out back to make the tire look better at the height i'm at, but we'll see what it looks like about a half inch lower.
also, i picked up a set of oem xenon driving lights that i replaced my fog lights with. they're f*ckin bright. i need a bigger alternator if i have the driving lights, headlights and high beams on with my stereo, the interior lights start to dim every so often. but the likely hood of me having all the lights on at once are slim to none.
wow, my car is being followed?? thats mildly creepy. there should be more to come in the fall.....
first purchase is likely to be a hotchkis front sway bar or adjustable front endlinks, i have the need for more low....
current wish list include
exterior upgrades: gli lips or bora r bumpers
interior upgrades: r32 seats and a newly wrapped headliner
go fast: 17/22 turbo, fmic, nozzles, pd 150 intake, 5/6 speed tranny
not likely going to happen: air ride.......
i don't know what to do, i really like the idea of all of the parts listed above, just need to figure out what i want to do with the car, make it pretty, or fast....or both
kind of leaning towards the gli lips on the exterior, i have a friend who has a front he'll get me on the cheap, and rears and side skirts aren't terribly hard to source.
at the same time, i need to get my bumper painted, as my paint cracked for some reason and a chunk came off. so would it be worth it to just get a bora r or votex bumper to help that fmic breathe??????? possibly
when it goes bad....kind of depends on when it goes out. mine just happen to go out at 120ish thousand miles. so, i would see what it looks like and talk to jason(assuming thats where you're thinking of taking your car and see what he thinks. he'll be able to have a better idea of how things are doing after seeing how much metal comes out when he does the fluid swap