2002 Jetta GLS TDI- Charlotte, NC (Bring a Trailer)

DJBay

TDI
2002 VW Jetta
$1200 OBO
Blue 2002 Jetta GLS TDI
144,000 miles
Was running great except for A/C
Last week, while my son was driving it, it lost power, started shaking, and smoke poured out of exhaust. We towed it to the house and now it doesn't start (but does turn over.) My son wants a Subaru so we decided not to try to fix the Jetta. A friend of mine suggested I post it here.
Blog post with pictures (I couldn't figure out how to put pictures directly here)

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Buyers will assume the worst regarding the engine.
It’s an automatic, so again buyers will assume the worse and if not, there is VERY little demand for an AT on the forums.

That means the value (on this forum) is as a shell, so better descriptions of the body condition (paint, dents, body damage, clear coat peeling, rust, etc.) and interior condition & trim.

So, expect about salvage yard value, as there’s no value here for the AT transmission or non-running engine.

DJBay

TDI
2002 VW Jetta
Buyers will assume the worst regarding the engine.
It’s an automatic, so again buyers will assume the worse and if not, there is VERY little demand for an AT on the forums.

That means the value (on this forum) is as a shell, so better descriptions of the body condition (paint, dents, body damage, clear coat peeling, rust, etc.) and interior condition & trim.

So, expect about salvage yard value, as there’s no value here for the AT transmission or non-running engine.
Thank you