2002 jetta clutch safety switch

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
Where would I go to buy one of these? My Cruise control is not working (it stoped and then I tried cleaning what i thought was the brake light switch and broke it, turned out to be the clutch switch, yeah I know dumb me). Well I ended up replacing the brake light switch and jumpering the clutch but still do not have cruise. So I want to replace this switch. I have looked at many places and cannot find one. Any help would be great

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
you'll want to get he part no. then search at the online parts stores. you can get the part no. from the dealer (sometimes they get it right) or post your model info here and someone may look it up for you

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
well I have a 2002 Jetta TDI. I recieved the number 9J0927189F from the dealer when I called (they wanted ~$30 for it) and when i did a search i didn't find anything so I don't know if that is the number.

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
that worked thanks, popped right up when i searched. Found one for $19. Thanks again and maybe I can get my wife to stop yelling at me because the cruise doesn't work. :)

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Brake light switch

cochrank said:
that worked thanks, popped right up when i searched. Found one for $19. Thanks again and maybe I can get my wife to stop yelling at me because the cruise doesn't work. :)
Don't try cleaning brake light switch-the new one is green and about $4.