2002 Golf

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
As much as I hate to do it, the time has come to sell the '02. The new '14 is in the garage and we have plenty of payments to make. I filled the old girl today and she is leaking diesel (presumably from the upper tank) onto the driveway. We recently did brakes, front sway bar and my wife announced we are done putting money into it. If you search my posts dating all the way back there is a fairly solid history of what's been done. If you want to talk to me send a PM and I'll call you. The car is in central Massachusetts. This is not what I want, but it's not about me.

papag1234

TDI
E63s
As much as I hate to do it, the time has come to sell the '02. The new '14 is in the garage and we have plenty of payments to make. I filled the old girl today and she is leaking diesel (presumably from the upper tank) onto the driveway. We recently did brakes, front sway bar and my wife announced we are done putting money into it. If you search my posts dating all the way back there is a fairly solid history of what's been done. If you want to talk to me send a PM and I'll call you. The car is in central Massachusetts. This is not what I want, but it's not about me.
Great ad. Extremely informative. I love the pictures... And such a beautiful color! Is it custom? Price is right on point for the mileage too. Should sell quick.

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
Great ad. Extremely informative. I love the pictures... And such a beautiful color! Is it custom? Price is right on point for the mileage too. Should sell quick.
I must have missed your private message. What part of the last sentences
eluded you?

Last edited:

mohawk69

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V, 2000 Beetle TDI
I took it as just a humorous poke at a poorly written ad. Did I miss something? All the info mentioned is missing. You really aren't expecting a potential buyer to search through all your prior posts to find all that, are you?

Free bump. Happy new year!

Chris

Veteran Member
Let me spell it out for you.

As a prospective buyer here's what I need to know before responding to a car ad:
- make, model, year
- Asking price
- Number of miles on the car
- Location of car
- Condition of car (detailed photos)
- Maintenance status (what's been done recently; what needs doing soon)
- What comes with the car

You've touched on a few but there are some gaps.

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
I despise typing on this device. For me, talking on the phone will get me more information and a better feel about the potential seller/buyer. Those who have contacted me (followed directions) have found out all they need about the car.
The ad may not meet your expectations, but it is working just fine. Thanks for your concerns.

lateapex

TDI
none yet
Sure, the ad may be working just fine, from your perspective.

Is it working as well as it could be, with minimal incremental effort?

Hard to tell whether the absence of basic, routine details is costing you, say, 20% of potential buyers or 80%.

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
The car is sold

:DThe '02 has been sold and has gone to a very good home.

lateapex

TDI
none yet
I usually sell my cars to a bad home...

Congrats, glad it's worked out for you.

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
The home it went to rocks TDI's. I know they will quickly provide therapy for the small issues she has. I was sorry to see it go.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Picked up this Golf from Chill's yesterday. Timing belt service done, new fluids, glow plug harness replaced (plugs were fine), and door repaired. That was a bit of a challenge, required removing the door and fender, tweaking the A-Pillar, and installing new hinges. But it works and seals perfectly now. New belly pan and side skirts, too.

Chris (my son) cleaned the interior today. We didn't do much with the exterior because of the lousy weather here. But I did (somewhat) de-fog the headlights and put in brigher bulbs. Here it is, just before heading out to Western MA.

Many, many thanks to the PO for the great care he gave this car over the years. It runs beautifully, lots of routine maintenance that is typically overlooked on these cars has been done, and it took relatively little effort to get it ready for the next round of service.

My son is thrilled. And he's loving the 2" lift.

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
Good to see the old girl again. I knew you would take care of everything. She will serve your son for another 100K or more. The winter bra is on the 2014 and makes a big difference. Thanks for a perfect transfer of ownership. Stay well. DK:D P.S. The '14 took the drums to a gig Thursday. No longer is she a virgin.

Last edited: