2002 Golf TDi - PART OUT

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Sidekick AHU, '05 Passat Variant BHW, '03 Passat Variant BHW 4MO
Howdy folks!

As the title says, I have one '02 Golf I'm parting.

This Golf was our Family's daily for a few years, until it saved my Wife's and my own lives by taking a rear-end hit.

Not only that, this little VW then drove us home from the crash site.:eek:

At any rate, we have since replaced our family car (Thanks JasonP!;)) and no longer have need for the old one.

I was considering swapping the ALH into something else (you guys know my propensity for diesel swaps :p) yet I cannot delve into that deep of a project right now. As I no longer operate a Shop (at the moment) I am also unable to keep a parting-in-progress vehicle around.

Here's the deal:

I will be arranging for a one-day teardown of the vehicle at a buddy's shop within the next 18 days, then the hulk goes off to the scrapper.

Reflex Silver, 303k, and is COMPLETE. See Pics.
Manual, well maintained, engine runs flawlessly. No mods, ran RC2 for maybe 40k. No nozzles or other power mods.
Interior 8.5 / 10; COMPLETE.

It is to the benefit of all prospective buyers that you will have the opportunity to hear the engine run, and drive the car.

This car is PERFECT for a complete engine swap kit, with wiring harness and all, and an autotragic delete ie manual swap kit. EVERYTHING is there.

This isn't an "engine/drivetrain spoken for" thread.:p

I would SO MUCH prefer to see this ol' gal's parts go to Club Members, rather than the kijiji vultures, and so 5% of total monies collected from the proceeds of this car will be donated to support the TDiClub site.

As to prices, I really only have prices in mind for the Complete engine assembly, and the complete Transmission swap, as I feel these are the most beneficial way to get rid of the whole thing for best result in a short time. I AM willing to entertain offers on separating the above, IF and ONLY IF I can get rid of most of it at once.

Please keep in mind that I am flexible for the right buyers, and as long as I get enough coin out of this and most of it goes to good happy homes, I will be rather content.

Complete engine ass'y INCL: I/P and turbo, from top to pan with all accessories, pipes, lines, belts, intercooler, ECU, key, cluster, wiring harness, switches, sensors, hoses, rad, bolts, nuts, mounts etc etc etc: $1300 CDN OBO (REMEMBER: you can come hear it run and inspect it, if so inclined.)

Complete Trans swap kit: 5-spd, pedals, half-shafts, shifter, boot, trim, cables, sensors, pigtails, master, slave, flywheel, starter, bolts, etc etc EVERYTHING you need to swap an auto car: $1250 CDN OBO.

Delivery of both of the above is negotiable, within reasonable distance of GTA.

Anything and everything is make an offer. This car MUST remain drivable until the day the engine comes out. Please keep in mind that if I have to store anything, It means a LOT of additional work on my part that i'd really rather not get into, so come and make your deals and offers while it's HOT!

And yes, I will ship at buyers expense, so long as the price is worth my time.

Respond here with needs, and take the pricing conversations to PM.

Cheers!

Last edited:

FUCHT

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI / 03 Wagon TDI / 05 AUDI Q 1.8T 6spd man.
Sent PM regarding

Glovebox
ArmRest Lid
Front Fender liners
Rear Hatch Lock assembly
Washer Nozzles

also, Downpipe and mid pipe resonator...

Let me know,

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:

Quanger

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 ALH TDi
What is the condition of your front fenders? I'd be interested in both if it's not rusty.Also interested in the rubber piece around the driver and passenger door if their not rotten. Thanks.

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
BUMP!

Quanger, you have PM.

All PM's replied.

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
Turkey Day Bump

PM's replied...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
Have a couple folks interested in tranny swap, nothing firm yet...

Lots of ppl interested in small parts:)

I'd LOVE to give these folks what they're asking for (body panels, doors, wheels and such) so someone make me an offer I can't refuse on the drivetrain stuff, and get this teardown started!

Once there's a firm offer on some of the bigger stuff, I may be able to expedite the teardown for this Saturday:eek::D

C'mon Clubbers, come get some great deals... I'd really rather sell it here than Kijiji...

Anyone want a spare engine? Come hear it run! Well maintained ALH...

Cheers all!

FUCHT

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI / 03 Wagon TDI / 05 AUDI Q 1.8T 6spd man.
Have a couple folks interested in tranny swap, nothing firm yet...

Lots of ppl interested in small parts:)

I'd LOVE to give these folks what they're asking for (body panels, doors, wheels and such) so someone make me an offer I can't refuse on the drivetrain stuff, and get this teardown started!

Once there's a firm offer on some of the bigger stuff, I may be able to expedite the teardown for this Saturday:eek::D

C'mon Clubbers, come get some great deals... I'd really rather sell it here than Kijiji...

Anyone want a spare engine? Come hear it run! Well maintained ALH...

Cheers all!
please let me know when i can come grab those parts listed above.. Thanks

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
Bump Bump!

To all those who I have communicated with regarding parts, I'm still in a holding pattern as my friend frees up some shop time. Hopefully this saturday works out, and you all can get your parts!

Remember folks, Cash is King... Make offers. Don't be shy. Worst I can say is no...;)

Cheers!

tomotdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS, '00 Golf GL auto/5sp swap, '03 GL wagon ,
Perhaps you could post what you have firm offers on, so we know what is not spoken for!
;-)

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Perhaps you could post what you have firm offers on, so we know what is not spoken for!
;-)
Hey Tom, let me know if you buy anything and I'll bring it to the border to ship for you. It'll be a lot cheaper that way. Hoping to sell my other 11 mm pump soon, have you gotten yours in yet? Tried the garlic finally today great stuff man, hoping you could send me some seed.

Alka1ine

TDI
81 1.6 Rabbit LS (TDI swap when I get extra $$)
I'm looking for a manual swap but could only meet you at the border since I've unfortunately never made it out of the good ol US of A. (When I looked into getting a passport recently, I found out it takes forever unless you pay an arm and a leg to expedite it.)

My friend needs his Golf back and running after the engine went, so if the other people fall through, let me know and I could drive out whenever, unless I happen to find a good one locally in the next couple days(I'm guessing I won't).

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
I am wondering if you have the driver side door, I would need the locking mechanism as mine wont work

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
We're rollin!

Car will be dismantled tomorrow morning at 7 am.

to all who hvae communicated with me via pm to this point, your parts will be ready by tomorrow evg, i'll be in touch.

Still taking offers on eveything drivetrain related. most of the car is stilll up for grabs....

cheers

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Car will be dismantled tomorrow morning at 7 am.

to all who hvae communicated with me via pm to this point, your parts will be ready by tomorrow evg, i'll be in touch.

Still taking offers on eveything drivetrain related. most of the car is stilll up for grabs....

cheers

You know what I want. Let me know.

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
PM's Replied!

mrrhturner,docsiltanen,Alka1ine and CmdrData all have pm.

Cheers!