2001 NB TDI, Silver, To Go! (+more!!)

chuck_999

Just one week on my new 2001 NB, 250 miles so far. Came with cold weather package, added the black splash guards, which I installed in about 45 minutes and look great. I really like this car; it's my first VW and first diesel, and barring any unexpected unpleasantness, maybe the first of many.

BTW: For those looking for a 1999 NB TDI, I am aware of two (as of last week) that are at the Anchorage AK EERO dealership. One is green, one is blue, both are manual transmissions, both have black fabric interiors, both priced in $19,000 range, both have less than 300 miles (as of last week) on them. The green one has the winter package, but also has a mild rear fender scrape.

There's also a dark blue 2000 TDI NB with black leatherette interior. I believe they are looking for $20K for this one, but I can't recall if it has sunroof or the mileage.

Anyway if you're interested, the number for EERO is (907)272-5522, or e-mail is eero@alaska.net. For those sitting on the fence, take the plunge...you'll be glad you did. People seem much more friendly around my NB than they did in my old 4X4...it translates into a reduced stress ride!

------------------
2001 Silver NB TDI

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
-George Orwell

AndiS

Veteran Member
Congrats!

Nice to see yet another '01 Silver NB TDi

------------------
Andi

'01 NB GLS TDi, 5 speed, Silver/Grey Leather, <A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1197164&a=8839668[/URL" TARGET=_blank>

'99 Passat Wagon 1.8T, Colorado Red/Grey Cloth, TipTronic, [URL=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1197164&a=8839670</A>

NBKrissie

Veteran Member
Hey AnchorTowne Dude:

Congrats on the car, and it is tres cool to hear of a NB up in my former home. Is it projected to be another cold/snowy winter this year? We left Anchorage/Eagle River (lived in Alaska 13 years total between my husband and myself---Juneau and Anchorage)in 99 for Chandler AZ and I was just ruminating that one of the bennies of that move was the I could unload the "Fraud Exploder" we bought in Anchorage and get and drive year round a cool and fun car like the NB TDI. So tell me, are you gonna try to drive your NB in the winter, or are you going to tuck it in to your heated garage every October with a mug of hot chocolate? What about the lack of road clearance and all the &^%$ on the roads?I vote for tucking him in during winters, think of those idiot winter drivers who think that 4 WD means additional stopping distance and braking power ;-( . Used to laugh at all the new soldiers at Fort Rich/Elemendorf who would pass me on the Glenn Hwy but I would then pass *them* in the ditch after they ran their car off the road. I had a nice boss who would let me telecommute on the first two days of snow so that all the newbies could wreck into each other and not me.

------------------
01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm glad to hear that you like it!

What??? No pictures???

------------------
2000 Yellow New Beetle 1.9 TDI 5-speed

NBKrissie

Veteran Member
Hey Chuck: You no call, you no write? We are going to have to assume that you drove your new baby to close to a building that dropped a huge load of snice (snow and ice, not to be confused with snoik, snow, ice and ROCK]onto to you, completely covering the NB. Drop a line during Spring Thaw!!!!

------------------
01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau