2001 jetta tdi..injector not closing

kathie659

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001
Throwing a code, injector not closing. Jetta sat for a few months, thinking old fuel, maybe dirt?
How tough a fix is this? (im an old gray haired grammy, but would like to try)
Mechanic said add atf to tank.. doesnt sound right to me...

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
If this is about the 2001 Jetta in the title you would probably get more help by posting in the MKIV/A4 section, just so you know. 👍🏼

Could try running some Diesel Purge through it, it’s an injector cleaner.

kathie659

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001
If this is about the 2001 Jetta in the title you would probably get more help by posting in the MKIV/A4 section, just so you know. 👍🏼

Could try running some Diesel Purge through it, it’s an injector cleaner.
Threw 16 oz seafoam in 1/4 tank...
light went out, code gone

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Thank you ...im familar with valling it tdi. mkiv a4? never heard that before!
thanks again
mk4 a4 is just referring to the generation of car, body style, engine options. So by placing it in that forum section you would have a better chance of someone who knows those car's replying to you.

Throwing a code, injector not closing. Jetta sat for a few months, thinking old fuel, maybe dirt?
How tough a fix is this? (im an old gray haired grammy, but would like to try)
Mechanic said add atf to tank.. doesnt sound right to me...
Adding ATF won't hurt anything on a ALH tdi. ATF is a solvent of sorts so it cleans out the system and adds lubricity. I have done it before at times, but generally is not needed unless your trying to clean the system. I'm glad that seafoam worked for you. Maybe throw another can in on your next 1/4 tank (or a little atf) if you think about it to make sure everything is cleaned up. Also wouldn't hurt to rev it out next time you pull out on the highway to clean things up.