2000 Jetta TDI

blandoon

Here is my 2000 Jetta GL TDI, all wet (not Wett), with no modifications so far.

That parking lot is not a mall, but the Greenbelt (MD) METRO station.

The TDI dash, with its characteristic low-revving tach. Only 743 miles total, and the mileage on the trip-o-meter is on the current tank of fuel.

The TDI badge, drenched in rain.

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
Nice shots, blandoon! I've yet to see an A4 Jetta TDI on the open road in my neck of the woods so it's nice to know they're running around elsewhere. Gettin' good mileage, too. How long have you had your TDI? It took me two months (and ~2.5K miles) before I got plates and tags for my TDI.

S

SkyPup

Great shots, especially like the rain soaked aspects. That is a fine looking Jetta, almost looks like a larger Passat. You'll be able to spend many days adding trouble-free miles to that odometer. Just don't take any of Ric's advice or you'll spend many days in the shop for repairs.

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
Nice wheels, blandoon!

BTW: I have 57,042 miles and the shop has not seen me yet! (except for a Relay 509 failure a while back). It is a very reliably running engine, and I have no reason to believe that will change any time soon. Hell, the engine seems to be still breaking in, because my MPG is still rising.

[This message has been edited by Ric Woodruff (edited October 25, 1999).]

Osiris

Veteran Member
TDI
New Jetta, 1999, Black/Beige
You mean to say there is another black jetta tdi out there? In my neck of the woods (I hang my hat in Germantown)! That's a great looking car, only it would look better if it had beige interior (like mine - the Vader Tdi). I have 15,000 miles since March '99 and love every minute driving the car. I am sure you will too.

blandoon

Actually, my first choice would have been silver as well. For some reason it's just the perfect color for all the current VW models if you ask me. I do prefer the gray interior to beige, though. The dealer had a silver/gray GLS TDI that was sold just before I got there... grrr.

Norman: Amazingly the dealer had tags on the car at delivery. I think they have the ability to issue them on the fly through some arrangement with the MVA (known as the DMV in 49 other states).

I've now seen two other TDIs in the train station lot; an A4 Jetta and a previous-generation (b4?) Passat, both green. Not to mention a very choice red GTI VR6.

blandon