2000 Golf TDI, 5-speed, 267K, Very Good condition, SoCal

RedSerge

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Golf Silver
SOLD - 2000 Golf TDI, 5-speed, 267K, Very Good condition, SoCal - $4,900

Up for sale is my 2000 Golf TDI, GLS Model, 5-speed with 267,000 miles, Silver with Black cloth interior, comes with sunroof and heated seats, custom leather wrapped steering wheel.
Has an Upsolute tune (was updated last year) but stock otherwise.
No accidents, no rust (It was in Arizona originally and then California), non-smoker, very clean inside, paint still looks nice as it was garaged all these years, has a small/medium paint scratch on the rear bumper (driver side) and above the hatch door handle.
I'm the second owner and this car's been under my care since 2005.
It is in very good shape: I've meticulously maintained it over the years and have service records going back to 145k miles.
I've done a few repairs on it over the years, notably: Intake cleaned and EGR valve replaced at 155K, A/C compressor at 171K, passenger side axle (rebuilt by Raxle) at 204K, Alternator at 236K, Electrical portion of Ignition Switch at 241K, Injection Pump at 262K (just 4 month ago, used OEM BOSCH remanufactured pump with 2-year warranty), Thermostat w/housing, Turn Signal/Cruise Control Switch at 262K, oil pan just now at 267K. Oil/Filter changed every 10K (always used quality European synthetic VW 505.00 spec oil such Pentosin, LiquiMoly or Motul), fuel filter every 20K, last timing belt service was done in 2016 at 226K (included timing and serpentine belts, t/belt tensioner, all pulleys, water pump, cam and crank seals and all the TTY bolts).
Few years ago I've also installed an aftermarket stereo - Kenwood KDC-262U, which was a decent unit at that time with Pandora/iHeart Radio support, a USB interface and AUX input, it also has an adjustable color scheme and I've set it up so it matches the vehicle's blue/violet dashboard color scheme. I've also custom installed a HomeLink transmitter (in the top console next to sunroof controls) that allows you to program it to your garage door opener.
I need a bigger vehicle and trying to see what I can get for my Golf, but not in the rush to sell.
Not sure how to price it as KBB Private party value with my mileage is close to what an injection pump replacement would cost.
Would try to ask $4,900 and see where it goes.
Below are thumbnails w/link to full size pics:

Last edited: