2000 Beetle TDI petrol on steroids,,,,

babybenz

Veteran Member
I'll have to send my pic in,,,,(the car that is) I just bought a NB TDI. Man I love that thing,,,, it's the bright blue/metallic GLS with alloys/sunroof etc,,, I went to FIVE different VW dealerships in the Phoenix,AZ area to find the one I wanted,,,,((of course every dealer hated me for leaving their lot w/o my car,,, but hey, My car for me anyway, was a dificult find,,, It was the only Beetle GLS TDI w/o cloth, it has the cream leatherette (sounds more Mercedes than "vinyl" LOL) interior and the moonroof,,,, I about died when I saw it,,,, and drove it off the lot the next day,,,as I saw it at night for the first time. I've tinted all the side & rear windows. I added the "Targa" type rear spoiler with the light in it. and front two-piece bra. As little dudes would say,,, "man, that looks bad-a#%" lol. I improved the already decent stock stereo with "German" of course, speakers,,, MB-Quart. MB Quart demo's their speaker lineup for autos in the new beetle,,,, since we all know the accoustics are incredible. Alpine V-12 amp cleans/powers the stock deck nicely. For now, I've opted to keep it,,,,as the purple/red lights at night,,,, are kinda part of the package deal. I wish Alpine would make a unit with VW instrumentation in mind?
Goin' for the personalized plates,,,, either BBYBENZ, or LILPRSH, or I like a lot MYTRGA or STROID. OK, somebody stop me,,, gotta get a good one,,,, hate cheesy plates,,,

------------------

Karl Roenick

Top Post Dawg
Acoustics are good in the Beetle? Because of the shape?

Now, I've been told I'm somewhat color blind - I don't do well on that test with the dots. So, I thought the instrument light was purplish, but others tell me it's blue. Can it be purplish blue?

Don't you think the Audi TT looks very Beetle-like? Just a lower roofline.

------------------
Yellow 2000 Beetle

ThinkDiesel

Veteran Member
Cool, congrats on your NB, babybenz..

Um Karl, I would call the interior lights, indigo,.. they are far from purple, but not quite pure blue either. Quite nice really, I love 'em. And yes, the Audi TT looks to me like what the New Beetle wants to be when it grows up! LOL! I believe it shares the A4 chassis with our cars. The TT, in essencem is really just a highly modified luxury-laden aluminium New Beetle 1.8T with an extra gob of horsepower thrown in for good measure. Hey! that sounds pretty good. Give me a 2.5 liter TDI TT with 4 motion---then we'll talk!

Hmm... TT TDI.. kind of a tongue-twister isn't it? Say it 3 times fast.. LOL

------------------
Ryan

1999 A4 Jetta GL TDI- 5 sp
Atlantic Blue/Gray Studio

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
BBYBNZ, don't forget the mudflaps.

As for TT's, they're 'chopped' NB's with higher output 1.8's, that also offer 4motion (erm, Quattro), but unfortunately no 6cyl TDI...

I got a TT handed to me just after they came out (blk/blk). I had had it with the little stuff needing attention on my NB (this time it was the hatch rattling), so when I passed the Audi dealership I was about as convincing as it gets when I said I wanted to get rid of it (throwing in that I had just gotten an obscene raise).

Ka-CHING! "Here are the keys sir! Go have some fun!" Did.

As with just about all cars now, everything feels clausterphobic compared to my NB. I love looking at the TT, but found it ultimately resistable. A TTDI (rolls off the tongue better, don't you think, Think?)might be harder to refuse.

Bought a 1:18 diecast of the TT instead....
Sits on my desk at work.

------------------
BeetleGo, crazy

"You said this was a DIESEL?!"

babybenz

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BeetleGo:
BBYBNZ, don't forget the mudflaps.

As for TT's, they're 'chopped' NB's with higher output 1.8's, that also offer 4motion (erm, Quattro), but unfortunately no 6cyl TDI...

I got a TT handed to me just after they came out (blk/blk). I had had it with the little stuff needing attention on my NB (this time it was the hatch rattling), so when I passed the Audi dealership I was about as convincing as it gets when I said I wanted to get rid of it (throwing in that I had just gotten an obscene raise).

Ka-CHING! "Here are the keys sir! Go have some fun!" Did.

As with just about all cars now, everything feels clausterphobic compared to my NB. I love looking at the TT, but found it ultimately resistable. A TTDI (rolls off the tongue better, don't you think, Think?)might be harder to refuse.

Bought a 1:18 diecast of the TT instead....
Sits on my desk at work.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah, I want the mudflaps,,, wasn't aware they were avail. when I bought it,, but love the way they are color coordinated,,, not black/grey etc,,,other than the dealer,,, anyone found a good place/price web or otherwise to acquire them? thanks Dan

------------------