2000 4-dr Golf auto, 162k. Comes with 5spd swap - Wash DC

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
Car sold locally for $2400.
***5spd swap has been sold, and is no longer available***

My best friend and I are very likely going to snatch up a couple of buy-back TDIs to serve us while establishing our careers.
As a result, I'm doing the prep work for that, which includes saying goodbye to this guy.

Here's my ad:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/d/silver-spring-2000-volkswagen-golf-tdi/6813496570.html
All photos taken 2/6/2019

$2700 - car + front end parts + misc parts
$2500 - car

All info is in the CL ad, but I'll reiterate a few points here.

2000 4-door Golf. 162k. Auto. Runs well. Needs suspension refresh. Have all new parts - tie rods, ball joints, control arms, struts. Just need a warm, dry day to do the work - or not, up to you.
Interior is decent. Exterior has shot clear coat on roof and hood. Completely dent and rust free. Body is in amazing condition.
Clean/clear title in my name. Never been totaled, salvaged, or involved in an accident.
Re-did headliner and A and B pillars.
Dealt with foam junk on HVAC blend doors.
Got rid of 'soft-touch' crap and re-finished in matte black.
Ya know, the common issues.

All new front end parts included.
Various misc parts to be included as well.

Have done a good bit of wrenching on this baby to get it back into daily-able shape.
Vacuum lines, N75, CBU on I/M and EGR valve, CCV, MAF, A/T gear sensors, fuel filter, air filter, etc. Laundry list of parts from IDparts. I was ordering from them twice a week for a while... New brakes in Oct. Full trans flush and filter.

Other common issues to tinker with:
heater mirrors don't work, I think...
rear defroster needs touch up on several lines
rear wiper does its weird thingy
D/R door lock module needs re-soldered.
AC was fantastic over the summer, but didn't seem to work when I checked in Dec :confused:
Has slight boost lag sometimes

Last edited:

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
Sold the 5speed swap, so now just have the car, the new front end parts, and misc other parts.

Price drop to $2500 for the car and $2700 for everything Golf/TDI related I have.