200,000 mile club... roll call!

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
I'm at 179k miles. Maybe should start a thread for the lowest mileage.
Lowest average yearly mileage to account for different ages of MkIVs.
I'm at ~ 10k a year for the life of my Golf. I got it 3 years ago with 123k.

scrapen

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I'm at 179k miles. Maybe should start a thread for the lowest mileage.
Lowest average yearly mileage to account for different ages of MkIVs.
I'm at ~ 10k a year for the life of my Golf. I got it 3 years ago with 123k.

I hear you there. I drive 3 miles to work and own 3 vehicles. I am hoping to cling on to my tdi for 20+ years this time around and should see 4-500k someday if I can live long enough ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
I hear you there. I drive 3 miles to work and own 3
vehicles. I am hoping to cling on to my tdi for 20+ years this time
around and should see 4-500k someday if I can live long enough ;)

If I can make it to 80, I'll be beating the odds. 13yrs to go, barring accident,
my Golf should make it.

TMC

TDI
Working on it
2003 with 265,000. 2nd clutch, 3rd timing belt and original unopened a/c system. Still getting over 45mpg

GoGolfing

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 Candy White
2000 Golf TDi 224k miles

Original owner btw... bought from Chapman VW in Tempe, Arizona in June 2000

Major unit replacement:

@113k miles: Turbo Charger

@214k miles A/C Compressor

Misc routine:
> headliner replaced 2 years ago
> added Panzer plate about 14 years ago:)
> replaced Relay 109 2-1/2 months ago and bought a spare

Garaged and loved! Paint is Candy White is in great condition. Original clutch.

Is this the best diesel ever... I think so!

Last edited:

arniewallace

TDI
99GT TDi - 02 Bora Sport 130
232285 miles and still getting over 50 mpg with her mapped to 197.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jajohn

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf, 05 Liberty, 10 Jetta
03 Golf, 250k+

I'm currently at 254k on my 03 Golf TDI, still plenty of performance with Upsolute chip and PP520 injectors.
I put 20k a year on it until I essentially parked it a couple of years back, now it's more like 2-3k a year as a backup car.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Both of ours are closing in on 300,000 and running strong, most of the miles racked up by someone else, but most of the work done by me.

Five years and over 100,000 by Donna, just got it ready for the next 100,000, then she can retire. Me, I will work forever as long as we own TDI's.

Nogas4me

TDI
99 Golf GLS TDI, '04 New Beetle TDI, '05 Passat TDI
282K miles on my 1999.5 Golf. It totaled the Prius that hit it in the left rear bumper last year. I could use a new bumper shell.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
349500 on MK IV Sedan - had it since new; needs cosmetic attention and headliner sagging

504000 on MK IV Wagon - purchased used and totaled in collision

with just enough love these cars run forever!

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I think i'm way behind in the miles race lol.

The GlowBug hit 240k 2 weeks ago it's an 01
Red beetle still has 144k. 01 as well.
long live the diesel!!

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Hell, I have one over 200k now!

My Y2K Beetle that I've owned for nearly 9 years crossed over 200k last summer. It now sits at 212k. I'm the third owner and have had it since 124,800mi on the odo. No major repairs aside from maintenance, did a turbo and tune at 140ish and a clutch not long after that. Other than that, just replacing rusty f*cking Midwest bits with completely rust-free junkyard bits from here in CA. That includes the entire exhaust, both front knuckles, rear axle beam, and front subframe.

williambill

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I think i'm way behind in the miles race lol.
The GlowBug hit 240k 2 weeks ago it's an 01
Red beetle still has 144k. 01 as well.
long live the diesel!!
Me too. Just made 200k on the way to work this morning. My car celebrated this occasion by revealing to me a torn CV boot and a MIL for #2 glow plug... Can’t complain, I guess, she’s been good to me.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Good to hear that...minus the light and boot.
I hit 245k in the GlowBug today right as i pulled into work.

Had wrong mileage on the red beetle guess it's only 141k....still there. Guess which one i drive the most! lol

No i dont have that many thrown codes lol. I just flipped the key to get a picture to send it to some of my friends and show them my Christmas tree dash. Car is still going strong! And Yes there is 1/4 inch of dust on there. The joy of living and driving on mostly dirt roads. Havent cleaned ithe dash in 2 weeks :-(

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

RayGatz

TDI
2003 Jetta SW. TDI 5 sp & 01 sedan TDI 5sp. (extra 01 TDI totaled- parts car) "Optilube Summer" fuel additive
260k +

MY 03 Jetta SW has about 260K and its running like a champ... But the wife's 01 Sedan Just took a dump @ 175K I just towed it home tonight... We had it about a year and
never ran it below the 1/8 tank mark until today... Ill be looking into it in the AM... :eek:

mrfiat

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (Reflex Silver) , 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon (Black)
2003 Jetta TDI Sedan 216K miles and running strong. Kerma tune.

2003 Jetta TDI Wagon 225K miles and it runs great also. I bought this one for $1500 a few years ago and converted it myself from an auto to a stick. (tranny was failing)
Turbo blew up though and put a VNT17 in there with a stage 4 Malone tune.

Both are rust free cars and the bodies are in great shape.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
Hit 200k miles 2 weeks ago. Mileage has significantly decreased over the last 2-3 years with the addition
of the Jeep, and Judy's "21 Tacoma doing the towing of our new larger R-pod camper. Put a 1000 miles on the
Taco last week on a trip to Maine to visit her ageing mother. The 4x4 was handy in the 10" of snow we hit.
The Golf wouldn't have handled it.

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2005 New Beetle, 2013 Sportwagen
Hit 200k miles 2 weeks ago. Mileage has significantly decreased over the last 2-3 years with the addition
of the Jeep, and Judy's "21 Tacoma doing the towing of our new larger R-pod camper. Put a 1000 miles on the
Taco last week on a trip to Maine to visit her ageing mother. The 4x4 was handy in the 10" of snow we hit.
The Golf wouldn't have handled it.
I used to work in Aurora, CO, 66 miles away from my home in Colorado Springs. I commuted in my 2003 Jetta, which I outfitted with snow tires in the winter. One day it snowed heavily while I was at work. Then Waze routed me around a traffic-stopping wreck on back roads. I found myself on about 10-15 miles of unplowed roads with 8-10" of powder. As long as I kept my speed in the 25 mph range, I was able to blast through it. Fortunately, there was nobody else on the road, and I was able to keep the speed up until I got to a major road. A lot of the time, I was guessing where the road was, because everything was covered in snow. That was when I learned not to take Waze "alternate routes" in bad weather, and I also learned to trust Bridgestone Blizzaks. I felt lucky to have made it through with no mishaps.

A year ago I was tired of seeing decreased power, mileage and increased smoke in my annual emissions test, and so I installed new injectors with DLC1019 nozzles. This was a nice upgrade, but a few months later I get a tune from burpod. Since then I have chased other issues -- vacuum leaks, worn turbocharger compressor blades, boost leaks, and loose exhaust manifold bolts. I have all fixed now except the worn compressor blades and am going for my e-test tomorrow. I have a new turbocharger in my garage that I will install soon, then I'll start looking closely at fuel economy.

Last edited: