200,000 mile club... roll call!

ColbyM

TDI
2000 Jetta & 2001 Golf
This is why I love these cars! So many of them out there that just keep going and going! My 2001 Golf has 410,000km so roughly 245000miles, same engine, injection pump, etc. Only thing was the stupid auto trans but thats long gone! 300,000 miles here I come!

fordt

TDI
03 Golf, skid plate, lift kit with Bilsteins, now +250K
03 Golf, 277,000 miles.....BUT I NEED A TIMING BELT MECHANIC since Robby is gone!

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
2000 Jetta GL base model no power windows and didn't come with center console 297k averaged 51mpg on a road trip to the Carolina's. Yes I love these cars...I've got an 01 in the 300k club not that this one is that far away...lol

fordt

TDI
03 Golf, skid plate, lift kit with Bilsteins, now +250K
If you were in the Hampton roads part of Virginia I could totally help you out
Hmmm, not a bad road trip! Thanks for the thought! But someone in TX, OK, NM or LA can surely speak up if ya know one.....

AMMOENDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS TDI
2001 Jetta Currently 231854 miles one the original engine. Don't have to put oil in it between the 10000 mile oil changes. Love the way she drives.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
01 Golf 420k miles and no need to add oil either. I do 8k mile oil changes on t6 rotella with ms02 additive every change

WisconsinLove

TDI
Jetta 5speed 99.5 ALH
253000 and counting
Worth every hour and dime spent on maintaining and fixing!
Around 600miles to the tank
Been siting for two days now
Currently awaiting surgery lol
This heater core replacement should be fun...
when I bought it 4 years ago with 130000 the guy had green coolant running threw her so I did a complete flush restoring it with G12 also with new tb, waterpump temp sensors etc.. three winters ago I guess it wasn’t good enough
But I bought a few extra goodies while I’m fixing her anyways lol
Oh man was that a scare before I found out it was just the heater core lol!! Never seen that before and in packed traffic I thought something was about to burn to the ground I immediately found out the car was ok but first hope and attempt to fix was blower motor... so went out got one with a new regulator and some molly additive put the new parts in and went to fill her up then was smaked with the heater core lol I can’t wait to get her back on the road. Two days to long in my opinion lol
So for anyone who never experienced this before, if you smell coolant there obviously is a problem.
I couldn’t smell it..
My first sign should have been my front window was not defrosting and fogged up more then should have this only happened for two morning commutes then after the second day that night returning home the vapor started.
TDI LOVE ❤

Last edited:

crashmanS

TDI
2003 New Beetle
225,000 2003 beetle 5 speed. My mom bought it brand new, I got it at 180,000. My daughter will start to drive in December. It still has the factory clutch but she may finish it off learning.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

artdeco42

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI
225,000 on my 2003 golf tdi. Going to need the timing belt changed at 230,000.

The 01m is still holding up, but I have a manual on standby just in case.

I love how these cars just keep going and going, probably never see that again with future cars now that vw diesels are done in the US.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Somewhere round 325k... That was before I swapped the engine into my 03 wagon :)

FredGard

TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2004, Blue
04 wagon purchased new. 304,000 miles and going strong. 3rd timing belt. Bummed that my mileage is a terrible 37-42 mpg. But that's ok. Had a good 150K with high 40's.

sriracha

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon 5mt, 1982 Rabbit truck (gas)
04 wagon purchased new. 304,000 miles and going strong. 3rd timing belt. Bummed that my mileage is a terrible 37-42 mpg. But that's ok. Had a good 150K with high 40's.

Why do you supposed your fuel economy dropped?

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
My wife's '03 Variant (bought in 2002 - first wagon ordered in Canada) has over 360,000 kms. on it, but driven very little last few years (we have several other cars). Reason? A recurrent turbo issue but most of all tailgate badly rusted (just bought a good used one while I was in Tulsa this fall) and front fenders. Off road now until I fit new billet wheel turbo, larger SMIC, bigger nozzles, fix body and a few other things. Tempted to go 2.0 with pistons, but probably not until the engine gets some serious miles on it. Our last two Jetta MkII TDs went to 620k and 650k before rust killed the bodies. This one should come close if the rest of the body is as good on close internal inspection as it seems from outside. One of the amazing things about this car was that I put Eibach springs and Bilstein sport shocks (essentially the Euro Sport suspension that VW dealers sold then, but used VR6 wagon stuff for stiffer front thus very little change in front ride height and geometry). Springs and shocks still work as new. Still on original DMF and clutch (has had injectors, VNT17 and porting since first TB change). This is a car that simply cannot be replaced - the perfect 2+2 around town, or remove back seat cushion and have the ultimate 2 place long distance tourer with HUGE flat cargo area.

ZiggyoftheNorth

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
2005 MKIV Jetta with just under 257,000. A big part of what brought me here. Interior and suspension are worn. Heater has a minor leak. Headliner sagging. Due for a timing belt.

I figure while I'm doing the TLC type stuff, why not add some upgrades while I'm there. Mostly looking at cheaper junkyard type upgrades. Leather interior and Audi TT front suspension acquired so far.

Hoping for 250,000 more miles.

bretgyver

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Hit 200K - in the midst of timing belt and valve stem seal replacement.

Just hit 200k and doing the second timing belt replacement. I've had some blue smoke on startup and began replacing the valve stem seals on cylinder one. The manual procedure and what I've read on the forums suggest putting each cylinder at TDC to keep the valves in place. On other engines I've used compressed air, and I'd rather not mess with the crank position while the timing belt is off. Any thoughts?

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Just hit 200k and doing the second timing belt replacement. I've had some blue smoke on startup and began replacing the valve stem seals on cylinder one. The manual procedure and what I've read on the forums suggest putting each cylinder at TDC to keep the valves in place. On other engines I've used compressed air, and I'd rather not mess with the crank position while the timing belt is off. Any thoughts?
Yeah follow this guide. I made one, works like a champ. Btw use a steel flat plate, not aluminum.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=397833