2.0tdi cbbb egr delete

bbaddo

TDI
I made an egr delete to this engine and I have some questions regarding it. There is a plug that remains from egr valve, does this plug have any purpose anymore or should I just hide it? Also from egr cooler there is a pipe that goes to solenoid valve and also it remains and I can't find any purpose for this, should I just close this pipe or does it have other purpose?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Codes will need erasing from the map otherwise CEL light will stay on dash and puts you in limp mode...the pipe needs blocking...

ruSSrt

TDI
The kit ingot came with 3 block off plates to close all the exhaust ports and L elbow for EGR cooler re-rout. I left my valve plugged in. I zip-tied it so it doesn't bounce around and it just opens and closes without damaging anything. I do have CEL light on and it comes up with MAP sensor air flow light but for over 5k miles I never went in to limp mode. If you keep your EGR valve plugged in and CEL light doesn't bother you, you'll be fine. I did it on my 2005 Passat 2.0 TDi

bbaddo

TDI
Thanks for answering. I also did a egr delete so I can't leave egr valve plugged in. I think I will just tape over the egr plug and leave it somewhere and also block the pipe that goes in the solenoid valve with screw.