2.0l BEW, 6sp, GTB2260vk, FMIC Custom Build Thread

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
gt2260v hybrid with GT22v hot side

Last edited:

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
jsrmonster said:
Get those race nozzles installed and you can roast tires at will in 3rd and 4th! ask me how I know ;~} You'll be able to play with the big boys! I glued onto a viper the other day chasing him up a mountain, no downshifting needed ;-)

Jeff
Like I said, I am not going to waste my time/money with the R783's. If you want to send me a set to dyno with, go for it;), but I will only test them vs. the PD150's and my next set of larger race nozzles. Then you can have them back.:D

O.C.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
O.C.TDI said:
Like I said, I am not going to waste my time/money with the R783's. If you want to send me a set to dyno with, go for it;), but I will only test them vs. the PD150's and my next set of larger race nozzles. Then you can have them back.:D

O.C.
You will get spanked by a black 99.5 rotary pump breathing with a 17/52 - without more fuel (especially off the line). hehe

Looking forward to your dyno numbers, I'm predicting 199hp/325ftlbs. hehe j/k
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2771054&postcount=218

Jeff

btw, I hope you got that motor locked down tight the way you plumbed things. I think whitbread will offer a modified steel d/s motor mount.

Last edited:

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
jsrmonster said:
You will get spanked by a black 99.5 rotary pump breathing with a 17/52 - without more fuel (especially off the line). hehe

Looking forward to your dyno numbers, I'm predicting 199hp/325ftlbs. hehe j/k
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2771054&postcount=218

Jeff

btw, I hope you got that motor locked down tight the way you plumbed things. I think whitbread will offer a modified steel d/s motor mount.
HAHAHAHAH:p

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Finally got out this weekend and put a small road trip on it. Drove up to Seattle for the weekend and spent an afternoon fine tuning with VWMikel.

I have to say this was the best drive to Seattle I have ever made. On the drive up car drove great, 6th gear is awesome on the highway, even without cruise control. We are still sorting out EDC16 recognizing 6th gear for cruise control.

Saturday I met with Mike and we ran a couple logs, he made a few tweaks. Power comes on very smooth, no giant torque spikes, little to no "lag". Our goal with this first tune is drive-ability. We are not looking for max power at this point, just a good baseline. The injectors are currently at their performance limit without pushing the duration window. There is no smoke or haze noticeable under any condition.

The drive back was even better than the drive up. I ran in 6th the whole way back. Even with Seattle traffic and hills there was no reason to shift down, the car always had plenty of power to accelerate.

I calculated my mileage for the drive up, logs, and some driving around Seattle and came up with 47.2mpg. I haven't figured the return trip yet.

Got my new springs and alignment kit this weekend. I will get them on this week and get the alignment set again.

I am calling today to schedule some time on the dyno. I really want to get some runs at the drag strip, but since we are in rainy season I have to wait another month before the track opens.
Stay tuned.:D

O.C.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
I cant wait to install one of these GTB's! I've got one of those SDi intakes like yours too but it wont fit in my bay with the exhaust manifold i have!

The later ones have a boss for the MAP sensor on the side, these have to be the best factory intake!!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
O.C.TDI said:
I should have my first round of numbers this afternoon.:D

Here is a PDF with the specs on the dyno I will be running on.
Page 10 & 11
http://www.dynojet.com/catalogs/AutoDyno09EB2.pdf

I have to swap my summer tires on before I go, since future runs will be on them.

Should have some video with it.

O.C.
I'm gonna guess 215-220 whp just based of nozzles in there now. That's gotta be pretty sweet though to max out those nozzles with zero smoke under any condition :)

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Alright. Phase one is complete.:D Now to get started playing with power.
This is what I consider my "stock" profile dyno run. BASELINE
This is by no means my final number, I still have a long way to go before I start playing with exotic supplements.

Current setup is:
-2.0L BEW with BHW pistons on Rosten rods
-PD150 head, ported and polished, Ti retainers, BEW cam
-PD150 injectors
-GTB2260vk on a custom header
-Euro SDI intake manifold w/mild porting
-FMIC w/custom 2.5" piping
-2.5"-3" downpipe, 3"-2.5" exhaust w/borla muffler

These runs were made on good ole' crap American D2. No additives
Water meth setup has not been hooked up to the new system yet.

I was very happy with the results. I was hoping to be right around 200hp/350tq. That didn't seem to be a problem.:D

As it has been said before... Fuel is my current hold up, the injectors are pretty much maxed out for safe use. This is all part of the plan.;)

I will try to load the video file in a while.

The operator was pretty blown away that all 3 runs were pretty much identical. They didn't include the first run on the sheet but it was 213hp, I can't remember the Tq.

Look close, there is two runs on that sheet.

This is not the "standard" inertia dynojet. Here is the spec sheets for it. Page 10 & 11
http://www.dynojet.com/catalogs/AutoDyno09EB2.pdf

O.C.:D

Last edited:

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Wow. That's a pretty nice "Base" line:D Very impressive for just starting out. I'd be willing to bet once you get it all tweaked you'll be in the 275 whp range and 425-450 ft/lbs of torque.

It's gotta be quite some rush to get on those on ramps and put it down till you get up to "speed" ;)

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I gotta say I called it! Travis, that is BEAUTIFUL!!! That HP curve looks like a ruler! Area under the curve rules the street, and you got some serious area. IMHO, this is the nicest looking dyno I've seen on the club. I know it'll get better, but job well done nonetheless.

Last edited:

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I wasn't able to get any video, or logs.:confused::(

Here are some pics on the rollers.
Second pic is the most smoke I have seen out of the car with current mods.
Driving around town there is no notable smoke/haze.

Check out the smoke screen.:D
I think my smoker is broken.:rolleyes:

Thanks Poopie for the pics.;)
A cell phone video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fj9Z2D-rb4

Here is a another shot of the print out.

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Ha ha. I didnt realize your camera has 2 diferent buttons. One to take a pic, one to take a video.... Cant you get the video that they took?

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
oldpoopie said:
Ha ha. I didnt realize your camera has 2 diferent buttons. One to take a pic, one to take a video.... Cant you get the video that they took?
Haha. I didn't know that either.;)

Nope, there is no video on it, just a shot of my print out moving around like a screen saver.:confused:

Looks like I will have to go back and make more runs. Darn:rolleyes:

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Very nicely done! Time for more fuel ;).

O.C.TDI said:
Looks like I will have to go back and make more runs. Darn:rolleyes:
If you do, try to find a place with another style of dyno. Like a superflow or something. It would be really neat to compare. I'm going to try and dyno a car this week back to back on a superflow vs a dynojet.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
is that bottom graph afr or boost? running quite lean down low, push up da fuel :D

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Rub87 said:
is that bottom graph afr or boost? running quite lean down low, push up da fuel :D
It's boost pressure. I think either something with his actuator geometry or length is causing some issues as you can't really control the boost too well there without sacrificing a lot of response. But, it isn't way off the map or anything so, oh well. :)

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
still quite some margin left.. I'm running 2.5bar midrange with boost>emp ;)

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
KubotaPowered said:
Nice work! Where did you get the pistons?
Ummm... Ancient Chinese secret;)
Special dealership connection.:D
Any dealer should be able to get them, however they are not cheap by any means.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Travis, this thing really spools up quick. You're peaked boost-wise by 2200 rpm. Nice! I'm sure the manifold, and short IC piping help in that dept.