2.0 TDI in Atlanta, GA

VWannabe

Veteran Member
I just saw a 2.0 TDI in the business park I work in. The business park is located on the southbound side of I-85 between Clairmont Road and North Druid Hills on the access road. The car is black with Alabama plates and has 2.0 TDI on the back and a little "DIESEL" emblem on the driver's side. Anyone here know about this or, better yet, drive it and take me for a spin :)? This seems to be a CR TDI that is in the states a little early.

Bora-chiara

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BHW, CKRA
Yeah that is a bit early...I know the MK5's have the 'diesel' badge on the sides too. Maybe someone got excited and bought a 2.0 badge and slapped it on...if so, they need to be on this forum!

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
I haven't seen this one, but I am over in that area a lot.
This past week I have see a ton of TDI's in metro ATL.

Saturday 9/21/07, on the way to airport on 285 S near I-20 a Mk4 TDI, older looking couple just having a great drive

Friday 9/20/07 on way home from work 285 topside, near Roswell Road, I would guess a Mk4 Dark Grey, and then a Mk5 Silver (like mine) both TDI.

Wednesday 9/26/07 On way home from Grocery store on Church Lane, a Mk5 like mine I assume that it was 2006.5 as it had diesel badge on side, he had tinted windows, looked a little cooler than mine, which only has factory tint.
JDS

Sprinter CDI

TDI
MB Sprinter CDI
I was driving through Trussville,AL today and I also saw a black Jetta with a 2.0 TDI badge on it. I had a large dent in the hood. It might have been the same one.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Oh, you never know... could be a car mag with an early tester on its hands (Car and Driver had a 2.0 CR TDI Jetta last winter! Although it said "Clean Diesel" and also said prototype or something on it...).

It may even be a European spec car simply here testing. Why not? I see Peugeots near South Lyon, Michigan test driving now and then... they don't sell anything here!