2.0 TDI CR 170 (hunting at idle)

BIGG addicted

TDI
Seat Leon fr tdi CR 170 2.0 tdi
Hi folks. I just purchased a mk2 seat Leon fr tdi 2010 2.0 tdi 170 CR as a winter hack while my M2 is garaged for the winter. This will be my 3rd Leon having had a pd170 Leon fr about 12 years ago and a Leon Cupra R TFSI about 9 years ago.

the car is great aside from a very lump idle. The car judders almost as if it’s about to stalk at times/has an air leak.

my first port of call was unplugging the MAF which made no difference. I then logged with VCDS and got 2 faults one being a fuel pressure sensor fault intermittently and an intermittent fuel deviation fault. On logging HPFP fuel pressure actual and specified are all over the place in both units which leads me to think it maybe thefuel metering valve in top of the HPFP. Anyone have any ideas folks? I unplugged the fuel pressure sensor on the end if the rail and it made no difference. I also have a pic of injectors but the fact the HPFPrate in both specified and actual are all over the place at idle makes me think it’s upstream if the rail/injectors. Once moving the car drives fine and pulls strong.

thanks

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I just replaced the OEM metering valve with an uprated one from Darkside on my 2014 3.0 TDI.

Not sure if it's a direct fit for your engine but if so I can sell you my used OEM valve which is in perfect working order.