Intake Manifold
Tunes

Ect..

new to forums as my acc name suggests any info would be great and any advice

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Not a whole lot available for this drivetrain. Tunes, of course, and deletes, but not sure about other items, including turbo upgrades that show significant power increases. I'll be interested to see what others share.

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Volkswagen Jetta tdi 2014
They will fit it to ckra manifold as I understand, what power you looking for? I’m still looking/learning I know a guy putting a gtd14/56 on, xman sells it, it requires modification like drilling a hole in the manifold, stock turbo inlet has a sensor new one doesn’t so you have to figure out how to fix that, not sure the size of a cr190 but Malone tuned a ckra to 205whp and 354 torque with stock everything else, but they longer sell the cr190 kit for the Passat, I imagine a gtd14/56 or gtb17/56 would be very similar, not sure which turbo is the “best” overall tho, also what does the first number on these turbo mean?

FIRSTEURO

TDI
Vw Passat TDI SE
yeah i have seen the gtb1756vk but it says b8 2012-2015 on site so i emailed to see if it was just a typo , never heard of a cr190 or tge gtd14/56

im looking for a decent power increase nothing crazy i can do some prefab if needed

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
mraar0n what deletes would you recommend
Do you have emissions testing? I don’t, I’d get rid of that darn dpf,they always give you trouble when the clog up, if your looking to do it on a budget dark side has the cheapest downpipe, or you can hollow your dpf if you have the required tools, then I bought a piece of 3” pipe and the dark side downpipe comes with a piece to match stock exhaust so I bought 1 3” clamp then 1 3” exhaust heavy duty exhaust clamp then 1 2.25 heavy duty exhaust clamp, I deleted everything but the muffler, I’m gonna put a cut out on eventually just so I can have a mini power stroke somedays hehe, you’ll need a tune that deactivate all your emissions before you touch anything, you could do the dp then later upgrade to stage 3 with a turbo from Malone, If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
mraar0n what deletes would you recommend
the gtd14/56 requires a bit of modification it’s not plug and play, it looks like that gtb17/56 should be plug and play, there’s a guy currently fitting a gtd14/56 and it’s a pain, I’m currently following him very closely trying to decide my route. UPDATE the 17/56 apparently requires a lot of fab to make work xman is apparently reworking his kit to accommodate, lemme know what that company tells you.

Last edited:

FIRSTEURO

TDI
Vw Passat TDI SE
i live in newyork so if i delete the emissions it would fail tuned out or not :p , still no word from the other company still waiting a response